Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I caught up with Harry, and we just kept running. His hands interlocked in mine trying to keep pace.

It was a good thing I was a runner, otherwise I would never have been able to catch up with him.

We were in the school parking lot, he opened his car, and we climbed in either side and just sat in silence. I snuggled up to his side and put my head on his shoulder. He put his head on mine with one arm around.

He was my big brother now, and other times, like earlier, he was the one I loved more than this.

Then his tears came, and mine.

"Why would she do this?" he choked. I had never seen Harry cry. Even though these were small tears, they were still tears.

"God, I don't know. What is she thinking?" I asked.

"She didn't tell either of us. Aren't we supposed to be her best friends?" he said.

"She tells you a hell of a lot more. Harry, you're her best friend. You know that." I said. The tears just kept coming.

"I know, Care. And you've probably told Liam a lot more too." he commented, his eyes still wet.

"And you too." I confessed.

Harry smiled. I lifted my head off of his shoulder.

"Why are we crying over her? Jack is going to break her heart. And she, she is going to come crying back to us. And it's her own fault." he started.

"I think we're crying, because it was her first kiss we just saw. And it was with a jackass. A sleazy, unmannered, American jackass." I managed a small smile. He laughed.

"That's exactly him. Damn it. Why do you think she went for him? Of all people. I would prefer if she went for a girl. I'd prefer if she went lesbian. That's how desperate I am Holden." he said. This got me laughing. Which got him laughing.

"I think it's the whole American/Boston accent. Which isn't even that cute." I said still laughing.

We saw Liam and Niall rounding the corner of the school still searching. Harry pulled his handkerchief out of his blazer and offered it to me to dry my eyes with. I took it.

"Don't want to look teary eyed around the blonde one." he said with a chuckle.

I looked at him confused. "What do you know?"

"Me and Liam may of gotten some info out of him. He may or may not told us a few things."

"You guys took him out already?"

"Well, we had the whole week and weekend to didn't we?"

"I guess so." I said. He smiled showing his deep dimples. I smiled. But I still didn't know what he meant completely.

I hugged Harry. He seemed to be feeling a bit better. We were both still upset. But I couldn't wait for Lainey and Jack to explain themselves.  And I could tell neither could he. We were still were sitting in his car when the boys spotted us. They started walking over to his Audi and hopped into the backseat.

"Everything okay guys?" Liam asked. I could hear a little pain in his throat.

"A bit. Jack is going to hurt Lainey. We all know that. Right?" Harry questioned.

"Yes." the rest of us said in unison.

"Did any of you lads know about any of this?" Niall asked.

"I knew she liked him. She hinted it toward all of us at some points. I never thought she would actually go for it." Liam confessed.

"And I think we all knew that he wanted to get with her. But I thought she was smarter then that." I said.