Chapter 23

Chapter 23

(4 pm. Same day. Ireland Time. Zayn's Thoughts.)

I walked downstairs from the loft. That was an interesting call. I never expected it again. This was different. I was scratching my neck when I got to the kitchen. I must've had a strange look on my face when I entered because Danielle came to my side quickly.

"What just happened there?" She asked.

I wasn't even quite sure yet. I was little uneasy and confused still.

"Josh just called me." I said with a faraway look in my eyes.

"What?" everyone asked.

Louis and Harry looked especially confused. Natalie didn't know who Josh was, and Eleanor didn't know enough of the circumstances with him. But Perrie and Dani knew. And Louis and Harry obviously knew.

"It's about the rest of them. He's done." I said.

"What do you mean done?" Harry asked intrigued.

"Isabelle. She cheated on him. Like multiple times." I said.

"I can't believe it. Harry, remember how much she wanted him to be hers on the party night? I don't believe she went for anyone else." Louis said.

"She's sleeping around." I said.

"Being a whore." Danielle added.

"Josh told me practically everything." I said.

"Well you were on the phone with him for three hours." Harry said.

"It was that long?" I asked scratching my neck.

"Yes." They all answered.

"I have to go home. For him." I said.

They all exchanged looks.

"Why would you do that for him after all of the things he, Jack, and Preston did?" Harry asked me.

"He's always been a friend. Even if we hated each other at some points." I began. "I've known him for a long time, and don't get me wrong, he hurt me and I am ten times better off with you guys, and I want to keep hanging out you guys, but can we give Josh a chance?"

"We used to be chaps with you guys a little too. And I know Josh had his heart broken by Elaine. But I'm not letting him off that easily." Louis said.

He grabbed for Eleanor's hand and she came closer. Danielle was hanging around Natalie. And Harry was looking for his phone in the couch. The air seemed to be tense. Perrie came over to me a wrapped her arms around my waist to try and calm me.

"I understand. But now I have to be there for him." I said.

"Well you can't travel home alone, I'm coming with you." Perrie said.

"I'll probably hitch a ride since there isn't gonna be enough room in the car when Liam, Niall, and Care come back." Harry said.

"Oh right, Danielle will you stay here and wait out for Liam?" I asked.

"Probably. Are you guys leaving today?" D asked.

"Likely." I answered.

"I can stay here with you D, I'm not moving until the end of break. And El is supposed to stay with me until then so we can both be here with you." Natalie said.

"Wait a second, what am I supposed to do?" Louis asked.

"Sweetie, go home, spend some time with your sisters. I'll be home at the end of the week." El said.