Chapter 8

Chapter 8.

So many tears in the past week. So many bad things had happened. So many emotions. But why? Why now?

It was all Jack and Lainey and a bit of Ana's faults. They had to ruin my so far perfect year.

I was hugging Niall's waist and crying into his shoulder. His arm was around me trying to comfort me. Even though I was completely and utterly upset, and crying my eyes out, this felt so perfect. Niall's strong arms. Them being around me felt so right. It was too bad I was crying I've what Jack said. If I hadn't been. This would've been the most amazing moment. This didn't feel like a brother sister thing, like it did with Liam or Zayn, this felt like, well, almost love. I wonder if he felt the same way.

The boys were walking along with us. My tears were beginning to seize. I lifted my head off of Niall's shoulder and he was looking down on me. Smiling.

"Are you alright Care?" he said. His smile wasn't fading. He was happy to see me stop crying.

"Better, a little better." I answered. I looked around. "Well this is embarrassing." I added.

"Why?" asked Louis.

"In the past week I have cried on three of your shoulders. I feel so bad I just come running to you guys." I said.

I took my glasses back from Harry.  I guess I left them on the table.  He must have picked them up for me back at the shop. He gave me his handkerchief from his blazer again. And I took it, my tears already in it.

"It is alright. It isn't like your girl friends are great to you. If Lainey was supposed to be your closest one, I guess we're better for you. There is no way we will hurt you." Liam said.

"Though there is a chance Louis' gonna knock someone out." Harry added. We all started laughing. 

I went over to hug Lou.

"I love you so much for doing that." I said.

"I'm just looking out for my friend. And he was being a complete jackass. If I didn't do it I was afraid Harry was going to kill him." he said with a chuckle.

Harry smiled his cheeky smile. He was laughing. He knew that Louis was kidding, but it was funny how he put it. Harry would've done a lot worse to Jack. So I'm glad Lou got to him first.

"That's probably true." he said through laughs.

We went into the little park across the street from the school. We had an hour to kill before it was time to get back to school. We had math after our senior study hall. Me and Niall and Liam were in the same class this year.

We all went to lay down in the grass. We had to clear our heads. It had already been a long day. And it was barely second period.

"What if I get suspended again for punching Jack?" Lou said.

He had gotten suspended last year for trying to break up a fight. Everyone thought he was involved in it. It was about a month before he left for Australia. That was when Lainey just completely stopped liking him. They haven't talked much since that happened.

"I doubt anyone will say anything. I think Jack would rather fight his own battle." Liam said.

"But what about Lainey? Doesn't she basically hate me?" Louis retaliated.

"I forgot about that." Harry said.

We were all starting to get cozy on the ground. My head was on Niall's chest and my hand interlocked with Liam's. Niall's fingers getting tangled in my hair.  It felt so nice. I need my boys. I really needed them. I don't know what I would do without them.