Chapter 13 - Cliffe Over Cliff (e)

Chapter 13

Cliffe Over Cliff

Maria's POV

I stepped into the bus and sat down on one of the seats. I grabbed my phone from my front pocket. Dead battery.

It wouldn't turn on. On the smooth, black screen I saw a failure. Alan wouldn't want me to be like this. Neither would Alisha. I remember how I used to be. Happy. Full of life.

Now I was completely the opposite. Sad. Sick and tired of life. My black eye still looked purple. A small cut sliced my cheek. I gingerly brushed it with my fingertips and instantly winced in pain, flicking my hand back.

'I really need to put a plaster on that.' I thought. 'But what's the point I was just going to die.' My whole body had given up. A tear spilled down my cheek. Why did Harry do this to me? What did I do to deserve this?

Another questioned popped up in my head. Why were they all so nice to me today? Everyone tried to apologise to me. But I kept a brave head and not let it get to me. I can't let them get close to me. Not again. I know if I do that, they will just leave me again.

Flashback

'Hey Lou! ' I said to the brown haired 11 year old who was staring intently at a magazine. It was only a football magazine!? He looked up and saw me. Louis quickly closed it and tossed it away.

'Hey Maria.' He chuckled, nervously. I furrowed my eyebrows and walked to the magazine. I picked it up and something fell out. A playboy magazine. I gasped dramatically. 'It's a...uhhhh...I...uhh...uhhh...' He mumbled sheepishly, trying to find an excuse.

'Louis! It's a magazine full of naked women!' I exclaimed.

'Well duh! Why else would I buy it?' He said and snatched the magazine from me.

'Vas happenin?' Zayn said as he walked into the room but soon caught sight of the woman on the cover of the magazine. 'Oooh! let me see!' He said as he ran to the the brow haired boy.

'Boys!' I said and snatched the magazine out of their hands. They looked at me with sadness. 'No. You will not get it back.'

'No.' I rolled my eyes and walked away with the magazine in hand. Soon Liam and Harry walked in and I told them the whole situation. Liam was smirking and Harry had his arms wrapped his arm around me.

'I would never do that babe.' He said. I smiled at the brown curly haired boy and kissed his cheek.

'Awww! Harry's blushing!' Liam screamed.

'Thanks Maria!' He said sarcastically.

End Of Flashback

Maybe that's what's started it. I embarrassed them too much. I.. I didn't even notice what I was doing. I was an idiot. I'm so stupid. Why did I embarrass them so much? Why was I so dumb? Why was I a Maria? 

'The last stop.' The bus driver called out. I looked out and noticed we had reached a pier. It was a long pier but I was more attracted by the cliffs. The way that the water crashed fiercely on them. If somebody fell, they would probably would die...

DING

I thanked the driver and set off towards the cliffs. I saw children happily playing out, skipping, riding their bicycles. I saw couples holding hands, kissing, looking at each other with love.

Love. To me that doesn't exist.

I was at my destination and slipped off my jacket. I stepped over the rusty railings and looked down at the waves.  

Goodbye Mum.

Goodbye Dad.

Goodbye Arabella.

Goodbye Alisha.

Goodbye Maria.

Goodbye Life.

'Goodbye Harry.' I whispered. I closed my eyes and let go of the railing.

___________________________________________________________________________________

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN