Chapter 27 - The End

• Dedicated to The Beautiful Person Behind The Screen

Chapter 27

The End

Maria's POV

I angrily stomped the ground beneath me as I kicked a stone, replaying the argument in my head.

I don't know what I was feeling right now. It was a mixture between anger, pain, sorrow, frustration and hurt. I kept my arms in fists by my side and didn't let a single tear escape my eyes. I was not weak anymore and I definitely wasn't going to let anyone see me weak or crying.

That was the old Maria. But fuck her and fuck them. Here's the new one.

I was staying in school, just to show off this new me. I was going to show them I was strong.

I would show them all.

*About A Month Later*

Everyone could see the new change in me. Teachers, students, my parents and even the boys. I walked down the corridor with my head held high. People still gaped at the former weakling who was now ready to beat their face in.

The bell had rung ten minutes ago, but it's not like I gave a shit. I waltzed through the door to my English lesson, making Ms. Joyce snap her head up.

'Miss Cliffe, how nice of you to join us.' She sneered.

'Wish I felt the same way Ms. Joyce.' I said as the classroom erupted with giggles and 'oohs'. I caught sight of Zayn and Niall at one side of the classroom looking at me, while talking I hushed voices. I scoffed at them and went to find my own seat.

In the last couple of weeks, the boys have tried to speak to me many time, I just brush past them and ignore them. I don't give care about them or need them in my life. Harry is the most persistent one. He keeps trying to apologise and never gets the message that I need to be alone.

'Cliffe. Where's your homework?' Ms. Joyce said, snapping me out of my daydream.

'I don't know.' Shrugging my shoulders, I quickly recognise the whole class staring at me.

'You don't know?'

'Nope. Maybe the dog ate it. But I don't have a dog so..' Ms. Joyce literally turned red with anger.

'Cliffe after class!' She shrilled at me; her anger radiating off her skin.

'Don't give a shit.' I mumbled before looking down. After an agonising twenty six minutes, the bell rang and soon everyone left, leaving me alone with the old hag.

'Maria sweety,' She said coming up to my desk, seeing as I couldn't be bothered enough to go to hers. 'What happened to you? You used to be such a lovely girl. A little bit quiet, but a very polite young woman. Now, you're talking back in class, you're not doing your homework, you're not participating in class. Everyone's noticed. All the teachers, all of you're classmates...' Her tone of voice became kind and understanding. But it was fake.

Nobody in this world was nice. They don't get it. They're all just selfish and pretend they like you. When in reality, all they do is care about themselves and fuck anyone who gets in their way.

'Are we done?' I said in a bored voice, reflecting on my mood.

'No.' Groaning in annoyance. I rolled my eyes as Ms. Joyce crossed her arms, expectantly.

'Are you going to try and pretend you care? Cos I know its fake, so don't even try and fake it okay? Oh and that old Maria? Yeah she was a sweet thing, but guess what that gets you? It makes you weak. You can crumble in a minute. That old Maria trusted everyone too easily, that little shit. Guess what? This is the real thing and I'm here to fucking stay. So deal with it.' I said, grabbing my bag and storming off.