Chapter 21 - Lying On The Cold Hard Ground (e)

Chapter 21

Lying On The Cold Hard Ground

Harry's POV

It had been almost two hours since Maria had set out. My temper had calmed down and my worry had increased. Maria's phone was still on my bed, so I had no way to contact her.

I was currently sat on the sofa flicking through the channels. My eyes were constantly darting from the television to the door. I smiled once I heard the doorbell and flung myself towards the door.

'Mar-' I was cut off once I realised that it wasn't the blonde haired beauty that I was looking for.

'Delivery... For Anne Cox.' Said a bored looking man. He was holding a small package that had 'John Lewis' written at the top. I sighed in annoyance, took the package and signed the paper. Closing the door behind me, I dropped the paarcel on the coffee table so it was obvious for my mum to see. It had been over two hours now, and I was extremely worried. I needed to go out and look for her. I put my shoes on and put my keys and phone into my pocket and walked out the door.

I looked around at first and started walking down the street. I made a mental list of places she could go.

-Louis' House

-Around Town

-Park

Then a ghastly thought came into my mind. What if she had entered The Cove? She wouldn't stand a chance if someone tried something with her. I shook the thought as I remembered that she was smart and wouldn't do that.

I turned left and ended up at Louis' house. I knocked on the door.

'Hello Harry.' I heard a feminine voice say. Jay.

'Hi. Is Louis or Maria here by any chance?' I asked.

'Louis went out ages ago. I've been trying to reach him but I can't. And as for Maria, she came her a couple of hours ago. She was looking for Louis too. Is everything okay?' Jay questioned, confused and worried. I felt bad for her.

'Oh. I've just remembered that they.... went to Liam's house to study for tomorrow's test.' I lied.

'Oh that's okay!' She said, looking relieved and buying my lie. I thanked her and went off.

I had been searching for a bit more than hour now. She wasn't in the park. And nobody had seen her around town. My feet had taken me to The Cove. If she was in here... and was hurt, I wouldn't know what to do. It would be my fault.

I stepped inside and realise for the first time that it was already dark. My hands slipped into my pockets and reached for my phone. Great. No battery. I am so smart(!)

'Harry! Baby!' Amy's whiny voice range in my ears. Wearing the skimpiest clothes ever, she ran up to me and tried to force her lips onto mine.

'What the fuck?' I said, trying to get her face arse off of me. She fake pouted and wrapped her arms around and toyed with my hair.

'Have you been dead? I haven't seen you around here for ages.' She asked, keeping a firm grip on me.

'Amy, have you seen Maria around here?' Amy's usual fake smile turned into a scowl. Her arms let go of me.