Chapter 25 - Little White Lies (e)

Chapter 25

Little White Lies

Maria's POV

We all watched Coach Hank run over to pull the two boys off each other. A large amount of punches were being wildly thrown here and there as well as a large amount of curses. I looked back to Liam but he, as well as the rest of the class, were intently watching the pair fight.

A loud whistle echoed the area as Coach blew his whistle extra loudly. Harry and Louis, who were the closest, looked a bit fazed and in that split second Coach pulled Louis off Harry. They stood up and Coach had to sandwich himself between the two boys, preventing them to touch each other.

'Stop it. Both of you.' He said through gritted teeth. Louis and Harry continued to stare at each other in a menacing manner.

'Alright! Listen up class! I want you to get into pairs and start doing some cooling down exercises, alright?' He said and dragged Louis and Harry out of the hall. I turned around to Liam but I found he was with the other boy, Andy - I think that was his name, anyway. I found Niall and Zayn also together already flexing their arms while talking to each other in a really hushed way.

I turned around as I felt somebody tap my shoulder.

'Hey Maria.' The stranger said. His brown hair and eyes were familiar but I couldn't place him anywhere.

'Hello.' I timidly said. What was that. Speak up Maria!

'Oh sorry. Heard about your yeah... Um... I'm Chris. Chris Sykes?' He said giving me a warm smile.

'Hi. You my partner for today?' I said and he nodded.

'So how are ya with all of this. I mean it cant be easy, can it?'

'Honestly, its like being the new kid.' I laughed out.

'God, I cant imagine that.' He grinned.

'So, please don't take offence, were we close?'

'What do you mean?' Raising his eyebrow.

'Like did we hang out a lot?'

'Yeah loads. We share great memories. Especially in the...' He hesitated, 'library.' He finished. His eyes flashed with something a bit different.

'ALRIGHT LADIES! Pack up the equipment and then go change.' Coach said as he walked back into the room. Louis and Harry weren't with him or in the room. Clearly showing confusion, I turned around to Chris.

'Can I ask you something else?'

'Shoot.'

'What's the story of Harry and Louis?'

'Sykes. Cliffe. Hit the changing rooms.' Coach Hank ushered us along.

'Hey, we have lunch next. I'll wait for you and I'll tell ya then.' Chris said and walked off to the boys changing room. I walked to the girls and went into my cubicle.

I could hear the other girls talking about me and I felt their voices grow bigger and louder.

I walked out of the room and knew everybody was looking at me. I kept my head down, in embarrassment.

'What's up slut?' A random guy said.

'Your cheek looks amazing!' Someone said in a sickly sweet voice.

'Is it true, that your pregnant, but you don't know who the father is?'

What.

I blinked rapidly. It felt so surreal. Like it had happened before.

I yanked my cardigan on and picked up my stuff and walked out my cubicle. Some girls looked at me and turned back to each other to giggle.

I don't get it. What did I do?

'Hey,' My head jerked up to see Chris. 'Don't look that surprised. I was meant to wait for you. Remember...' He said.

'Oh yeah. Right. Sorry my heads not on earth right now.' I said, making him laugh.

'No worries. So Louis and Harry.' He paused. I nodded in anticipation. 'Do you remember anything.'

'Nothing.' I shook my head.

'Ooh! I know! I saw this on T.V.! Okay close your eyes,' I closed my eyes 'Clear your mind,' I nodded for him to go on 'Now. What does the name Harry Styles mean to you?'

'Shut up you bitch!' He said and continued to slap. I could hold it in any longer, tears rolled down my cheek. He raised his balled fist and came in contact with my cheek. I fell to the ground and clutched my cheek in agony. Some substance was on my hand. It was red. Blood. My cheek was bleeding.

'See you tonight whore.' He said in a sickly, sweet tone. Leaving me confused and clueless.

I stepped back from him and watched a frown form on his face.

'Hey. Whats going on here?' I heard a deep, husky voice say from behind me. A familiar mop of curls bounced into my vision.

'We're just talking... cause we're mates.' Chris said.

I couldn't talk. I couldn't breathe. I didn't know what I just thought meant.

What was going on?

'Maria you okay.' Harry said 'You look a bit pale.' He reached his arms to hug me but I pushed him back.

'Don't touch me.'

'Mar-'

'Don't.'

__________________________________________________________________________

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW