Chapter 20 - Heartphilia Arc

Everyone was in front of the destroyed guild. They were busy preparing food and decoration despite the mess of the space. There was also a large banner tied at available space that wrote:

HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY VYE!

“Everyone...” Vyera was touched. She didn't even remember her own birthday because there were so many things happening at a time. “Thank you.”

“Well, there is no present since there was no time and budget to buy it after all…” Elfman said, “Only this cake.”

“There was no need to. The fact that everyone is here are enough as present for me.” Vyera replied.

That evening was enjoyable. Everyone forgot about the battle and all sad things that happened. The next morning, Jii-chan and the others had planned for the new guild layout.

The construction had started. Minerva, Helios and Mil had bid Fairy Tail goodbye in the early morning to search for the last Natural. Vyera won’t see them again for some time.

Gray and Vyera were heading to the guild after sending her Master to the border of the town. She have told him everything; everything that she has just learned from Ice and her Master, in details. She also told him about Xrytos before and after she sealed it.

Everyone in the guild knew briefly what happened, except the Naturals case.

“My ear is still ringing from being lectured by Erza yesterday…” Gray said, “That devil…”

Vye laughed, “Me too… Saying that we shouldn’t keep anything from them anymore… Well, it’s kind of true. We have kept too many things from them.”

“Yeah… still, the fact that you are a half-demon now is rather shocking…” he said, scratching his head.

“… Do you- no, does everyone mind it…? Me, being a half-demon and all?”

“Nah, you still look very human to me… and for everyone. It's not as if Ice was not half-demon before you…”

She gave him a smile as thank you and didn’t say anything else. The fact that he mentioned Ice without feeling guilty of reminding her made her happy.

“That key?” he pointed at the Ophiuchus key that she put on as necklace, “The key your Master…”

“Yeah… it has served its purpose… So now it’s just a normal stellar spirit key… It’s not officially an ecliptic zodiac though it is one… I’m think I will give it to Lucy…”

“I see… But seriously… your hair had been so long yet you cut it… It’s really a pity…” Gray sighed.

“You don’t like short hair?” She asked, looking a bit sad.

“That’s not what I mean!!” He looked troubled, “What I mean is-“

Vye giggled, “I am just kidding… It’ll be long again soon. Don’t worry about it. I heard that for demon, their hair growth is three times faster than human. I’m not sure it’s right or wrong, or applicable for half-demon but… let’s wait.”

“… You are right.” He pulled her closer to him. She rested her head on his shoulder.

Vye then thought of something, “Gray, I’m going to make something for everyone. Want to help?”

“What is it?”

“Lunch.”

“Good idea. I’m sure everyone will be very happy.”

Both of them went to buy the ingredients and cooked some bento [Japanese packed lunch] at home. The result wasn’t so bad. She realized that Gray wasn't so bad at cooking, only a bit messy. He went by his own method of cooking. Amazingly, it turned out okay.

Arriving at the guild, the construction has started. Some of the members greeted them when they passed by them.

“Everyone! I made some lunch!” She shouted after putting them on the counter, as if reading to open the food stall.

“Oh right! I’m starving! Thanks Vye-chan!” said Macao who was the first to grab a box.

“Enjoy. Hopefully its to your taste.” Vyera said as she handed the lunch to the others one by one.

“Hey Loke!” She spotted him, sitting at a corner where nobody was there, “Here, your share.” Vye handed the lunch box to him.

“Thanks Vye-chan.” He looked tired and restless as he took it from her.

“Are you okay? I mean-“

“I’m okay Vye-chan… Don’t worry about me.” He said and went away.

Vyera knew who he really was, thanks to her magic power detection ability. She couldn’t do much except supporting him. She was not one of those spirit mages and nobody in the guild was before. She could have just asked her Master to help but she was not really a spirit mage. She had her own circumstances to summon a spirit. Since he said it was okay, she didn’t bother him any further.

“Jii-chan!!” She shouted again, “Here is your share!”

He reverted back to his small self from the gigantic one and ran over to the counter.

“Thanks, granddaughter.” He said it, “One hug from you please?”

She sighed, “When I feel like it later…”

He was shocked and his eyes started to form tears. Vyera was defeated, “Okay, okay. Come.” She opened her arms and he just jumped onto it happily. She knew he was just a pervert and took his time on her chest. It felt like hugging a doll his size anyway.

The little bird who usually delivered letters appeared before her.

“Miss Vyera Phoenix, here is an important letter for you.”

“Thanks.” She pulled the letter off its little leg like what she usually did while still hugging Jii-chan.

Gray approached, “From?”

“… The place I hate the most.” Vye answered.

He got it as the Council. While Jii-chan still hugging she asked, “What did it say?”

She read it in mind and after finishing doing so; she burnt the letter with her fire magic though it caught everyone a surprise, including Vye, since the fire was burning more intensely than usual. She didn't use much of her magic power. How come it burnt stronger than usual? Was it because Ice’s power had blended in with hers?

“So, what did it say?” they asked again, disturbing her thoughts.

“Eh- Oh… They are asking me to go for Jii-chan’s trial for the Phantom incident as a neutral party and a witness.”

“Because you are… who you are?” Gray asked.

“Yeah… who I am in that place.” She sighed, “It’s tiring… Well, at the very least, they didn’t mention anything about Xrytos. Good enough.”

“Yeah… it’ll be even more troublesome if they know.”

She glared at Jii-chan who was still hugging her. He realized the meaning and got off her immediately. “Thanks for the lunch!!” he said while sitting quite far away on the temporary counter to eat.

She realized she didn’t see Lucy anywhere. Her share of lunch was the only one left.

“Vye-chan, who are looking for?” Levi asked while stuffing down her lunch beside her. Jet and Droy were beside her too.

“Lucy. Her lunch and I’ve something to tell her.” She said, still looking around.

“Oh, Lucy is at home… She said she’s writing some letters.” Natsu appeared while bringing some wooden blocks on his shoulder. Looked like he finished eating his share of lunch, “Are you going to visit her?”

“Yeah… Want to join?” She asked Natsu.

“Let’s go! Come on! Before Erza-“

“Hey!! Don’t run away from work!!” Speak of the Devil. Erza had already known it. In the end, she came with you too, to Lucy’s house.

“You should have just said that you wanted to come too rather than hitting us…” Gray and Natsu grumbled as they headed towards Lucy’s house. Happy also followed.

“I didn’t know you are going to Lucy’s. I’m also worried about her…” she said it as if it was not her fault at all.

However, there was no one in the house.

“Lucy??” She called but nobody replied. She guessed she must have gone out before they arrived.

“There was no one in the bathroom as well!!” Natsu yelled from inside.

“You shitty flame!! How come you are super fast when it comes to bathroom?!” Gray complained

“Well, you two perverts! Shut up!” Vye hit both of them.

Looking around, Natsu found a bunch of letters addressed to Lucy’s mother by her but not sent. Everything contained the things that had happened in Fairy Tail since she joined. Even Vye and Erza were mentioned in some of the letters.

But Vye remembered that her mother had passed away. Her thinking was cut off by Erza’s discovery of a small note.

“It said, ‘I’m going home.’ That’s all.” She read.

“Guys! I’m going ahead to her house!” Vye immediately ran outside and activated her wind magic to head directly to Lucy's house without saying much more even though there were complains coming from the gang.

She still didn't had the chance to tell her one most important thing. She could only hope Lucy didn't make a rash decision before she heard it.

Arriving there, she was not surprised by the size of the house and the garden. It was expected for a conglomerate to own a land as large as a town, but nobody was in the garden. It was strange. Vye thought at least some maids or gardeners would be there.

She went into the house. It was quiet. She looked around and head to where Lucy’s magic power situated at. Finally she reached the room where the source of Lucy's magic was felt. She could only stare at the all the servants of the house, including maids, chefs, gardeners and whatever she could think of, all trying to eavesdrop in front of the door.

“… Mind if I go in?” She asked.

They took no notice of Vye until she asked that and was rather shocked to see her there, “You- you are…”

“It doesn’t matter who I am… I need to talk to the two of them in the room.”

They let her go in easily, without asking much more.

The moment she opened the door, Lucy has already declared that she won’t follow her father’s orders anymore and will leave Heartphilia family for Fairy Tail.

“… Nice decision Lucy. Looks like I am worried for nothing.” Vye grinned.

Her father and Lucy were shocked to see her there out of sudden.

“Vyera… Why are you here?”

“To deliver this to you.” She passed her the lunch she made for her, “... And I have to settle some score with this man.” She said firmly.

“Who are you?! How dare you barge into my house like this?!”

“Well… then what if I say it was my house before?”

He was startled. “Don’t tell me… You are…”

“Yes. It is as you thought." Vyera said in reply to his suspicion, "I’m the first daughter of Heartphilia family, Lucy’s blood sister, Lucille Heartphilia.”