chapter thirteen

"He is afraid of being in love after what happened to his lover a few years ago. Kiko was her name, they were lovebirds and were head over heels for each other. Everyone knows that they were madly in love, except for one. That guy name was Arthur." Arthur? My- Wait, not mine but is he talking about the Arthur that I know? 

"This guy Arthur, ugh I hate him."

"What is his full name?" Jaehyun looks at me with his eyes wide open, "You know a guy name Arthur or something? Cause I have been looking for him and I am nowhere close to finding him." 

"I know a guy name, Arthur Williams" Jaehyun snaps his finger and points at me, "Yep, the same guy who took Kiko from Yuta." My jaw dropped, I know Arthur cheat with me with someone else but with Yuta's girlfriend? That is messed up! 

"Arthur didn't know Kiko was Yuta's. So they hooked up behind Yuta's back and that is the fucked up part because Kiko knew she has a boyfriend and she let him do it. After being together for 3 years with that Arthur, they ran away together and no one heard of him since then. Which is why Yuta was scared of being in love again, but with you, he seems different. He seems happier and livelier. I miss seeing that healing smile of his. You change him, Lana, and I hope you know that. You guys are just a bet right? Well, I hope after the bet ends, you guys get together like for real. Show him that it is not wrong to fall in love again." I sigh and shake my head, "It will never happen because I, myself is scared of falling in love again."

"Why? Is it because of that Arthur?" This time, it was Johnny who spoke. I nod and sigh, I haven't told anyone about this except for Susan. She is the only one who knew about it as she has been with me since elementary school. The fact that I am sharing with the few boys who I dislike is kinda, I don't know. 

"Please don't tell Yuta about this, or anyone." Johnny and Jaehyun nods and leans in to get a better hearing, I take in a deep breathe and sigh. Thinking about it now makes me nervous and I hate it. "Arthur used to abuse me 8 years ago, I would always come back home with bruises as big as my palm. After all those abuses, my heart just seems to love him. People think I am crazy for loving him after all he did to me but I know he will change, I have faith in him but boy was I wrong, more years came to the more damage he does to my body. My friends would ask if those were love marks and some will ask if I have any trouble at home. I have to put up an act to love Arthur. He abuses me because it seems like an enjoyment for him. When you mention Kiko, all these memories came back." 

I didn't know that my tears were running down my face when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and pull in for a side hug. He stroke my hair and it calms me down, "You don't have to continue. I think we heard enough." I nod and wipe away my tears. I come out of the side hug and I look at Johnny and Jaehyun, both of them flashes me a sincere smile. "I lost memory back then too, he pushes me hard and I bang my head hard on the ground which causes me to lose my memory, temporary." Jaehyun clenches his fist and so does Johnny. Why do I feel more comfortable talking to them than Mark and Jeno, I feel like they want to protect me at all cost? 

"You need to tell Yuta, no matter how afraid or scared you are. At least he knows, at least he can protect you when Arthur comes back god knows when." I nod and I look at the clock on my phone, it's time to go back to school for our next lesson. Jaehyun offered me to ride in his car, I nod and thanked him for the offer. The ride back was fun as hell, we crack jokes here and there and they are really fun people to hang out with. For some reason, I really love their company. 

"Thanks for cheering me up guys, you guys really are good people. I didn't know you would be so-" 

"Let's hang out more, maybe with the whole gang yea?" I nod and smile, I wave them goodbye and walk to the school door. I look to the ground when someone grabs me by the waist and spin me around. Yuta looks at me with a smile and leans in for a quick peck on the lips. MEEP! He just gave me a quick peck on the lips! Oh my god! I look at him speechless and gave the food that I wanted to give Susan but I think I gave him better. 

"For me?" I nod and smile, "I mean I wouldn't want to eat a lot before dinner at your house." Yuta looks stunned and facepalm, "Fuck, I totally forget today is Wednesday! Thanks for reminding me, sweetheart. See you later after school" I wave him goodbye and he ran to class. Renjun waves at me and asks me to sit beside him. I would pick Susan but it seems Jaemin had already taken the spot beside her. I smile at Renjun and ask if Susan had already eaten. "She didn't come to the cafeteria, she was behind the school, crying. Should I ask Jaehyun to get back together with her?"

I shake my head no, I know the reason and so does Renjun. Susan may cry for days or weeks or months or years, but eventually, she will know the reason to why Jaehyun left her. The two of us focus on our lesson. 

I waited for Yuta at the school front. Jockers and all the popular people walk past me. My eyes trail toward a red-haired boy, he walks towards me and takes the seat next to me, Taeyong had dyed his hair red. When? Was it recently? "Waiting for Yuta huh?" I nod and look away, I can't even look at this guy because of his beauty. "Look, I don't know what you, Jaehyun and Johnny talked about at the park but I hate the fact that you are getting closer to them than Yuta. You are his bet so I suggest you stay in your lane before anything happen to your family." Taeyong showed me a picture of James, the twins and Anthony and Maddy. I clenched my fist together and look at him. 

"I get it you hate me, at least I am not man whore who goes around hooking up other girls, take their virginity and leave them hanging. Isn't that what you are best at? Yes, I know where I stand, I am just bet and I hate the fact that I am getting closer to the other members but I did not come to them. Maybe if you just soften your heart a little bit, everyone will like you for you, not this outer looking Taeyong. You are afraid, everyone is. Only you can change your fear to something useful cause right now, your fear is mentally and physically eating you alive." I stand up and grab my bag to move away from him. I waited for Yuta at the parking lot, he horns and waves at me, "Hey, you okay? You look like you just got into a fight with someone." I shake my head and smile and ask him if we can just get out of school and go somewhere peaceful. 

"Okay, there is one place that I love and it always clear my mind whenever I have some trouble in school and at home" I nod and we drove to the beach. It's still kinda hot to be sitting in the sand so we sit at a nearby shelter and just feel the breeze of the wind brushing against the wind. The wind causes his hair to get messy and I kinda find it hot and beautiful. Boy with messy hair is a weakness to every girl. "I use to bring someone special here every time, it hurts me thinking about her but it's my spot so."

"What is her name?" 

"Kiko. She is the most beautiful girl I have ever laid on. It sucks that I couldn't keep her but that's alright, maybe we are just not meant to be"

________________

Hellooo its the author 🙋‍♀️ thank you so much for showing your love and support on this story. I remember writing it I was like there is no way this story is going to flop, well it did and you guys made it possible 😄

Also, feel free to follow my twitter @moonkillxxr (fan account) I tweet a lot of random shiz there :)) and also let's be friends ya? I love interacting with new people just DM me on twitter for a hi or here too :))

Tell me your thoughts on this story so far :)) I hope you love it :)) see you in the future chapters moonlovers 🙌🏼❤