chapter twenty-seven

"You kids should stay for dinner! The rest of my family will come home soon, the more people the better," They smile and nod. Of course, they couldn't say no especially when mum has already made a huge portion of feta pasta. "Once again, thank you for your hospitality," "Oh, no worries, it's the least I could do for you kids, also your teacher called Lana, I told them that your friend got into an accident and that they may not make it,"

"Mum, that sounded very brutal, but it works," 

 She smiles as we heard crying coming from upstairs. I volunteered myself to go up and take care of the crying. Titan was sleeping on Titus, of course, the poor boy has trouble sleeping because of his twin brother. Mark had tagged along to see the babies. "You know, if you bring one of them out with your date with Yuta, people might think that you guys had a family," 

"No way, I can't imagine having a family with him," Mark shrugs and smirks, "You might never know my friend, anything could happen," He taps my shoulder as he makes his way out of the room, leaving the babies with me. I carried Titus in my arms and cradle him to sleep. Starting a family with Yuta does sound very exciting but it's too soon to think about it, I mean, I haven't even graduated from high school nor college nor university, but I do know there is a successful mum who got pregnant at a young age and is doing well in both studies and their household. 

As I put Titus back to his own bassinet to sleep, I walk out of the room and hear Anthony's laughter coming from the living room. "Lana! Your friends are hilarious, you should bring them more often, I like their company," 

I smile as I look at them with the 'what the heck did you guys do?' face. They shrug and let out a sheepish smile at me. These assholes. I joined them in their conversation and heard the door opened to reveal James and Maddy, her eyes squinted when she saw Taeyong. "Of course, they are here," Taeyong smiles at Maddy, "Hi, long time no see," 

"I intend to keep it that way but you just had to come here," Taeyong smirks as he checks my sister out, I smack his knees and he winces at the stinging pain. "That's my sister you are checking out!" Taeyong had his hands up, surrender. James makes his way to Anthony to show him what he had learned today in school and then he went up to Jaehyun. "Girls, could you help to set the table?" We nod as we make our way to the kitchen and take out the plates, fork and spoons, cups and napkins. As I was setting down the table, I realised how happy and carefree the guys of NCT are and how I am lucky to be part of them. 

"Where's Yuta? Is he not invited?" 

"He has some important issues to attend to," Maddy nods as I made eye contact with Susan. She purses her lips and nods too. I  quickly make my way up to get both twins and saw them rolling around in their bassinet, kicking around and making baby noises. I laugh as I approach them. They were smiling and laughing as soon as they see me and I carried Titan up in my arms. As I was about to carry Titus, I heard someone clear their throat from behind. "Can I carry him?" Taeyong had his head low when he walked towards me. 

"You need to stop looking down so much, here, you can carry Titan," I passed Titan to him. He carried Titan away from his face and look at him as though he doesn't know what to do next. I let out a chuckle as I never see an awkward sight of him. Titan's hands were reaching out to him, asking Taeyong to pull him closer to him. Taeyong pulled him closer to his chest as Titan snuggle up into his chest. "Titan likes you, I could see it," 

"Yeah, I don't want to get too attached, let's go downstairs and have dinner," I nod as we both made ourselves downstairs. "Looks like dad is not gonna be home today, he has a lot of things needed to be done at work," 

Not long after, everyone at the dining table was fighting to grab a serving of the feta pasta. I had Jaehyun helped me feed the twins. "Oh, I forgot, the twins recently turned 6 months!" I haven't been counting the days, but thank god mum keep track of their growth! The twins are growing so fast it's not fair, I haven't spent a lot of time with them at all. Jaehyun has trouble going back and forth with his dinner and feeding the Titus. I look over at the dining table, everyone here is so happy and smiling kinda want this feeling to last longer. I had kitchen duties with Susan so the rest of them could watch a movie or just hang out. Mum decided to hit the hay and leave the twins with us. So we teenagers, young adults and kids decided to watch a family-friendly movie with is Finding Nemo. 

Halfway through the movie, Anthony, Jaehyun and Taeyong had fallen asleep with the twins on top of them. I had gone to the kitchen to grab a glass of water when I heard someone knocking at the door. I opened it to reveal it was Yuta, "Oh, you guys having movie night without me?" James came running to Yuta to hug him as Yuta ruffles his hair. "Hey there," Cory had come to greet him too. 

"Ah, sorry, there's still leftover pasta if you would like, the movie is in the halfway mark, you can join and watch the rest if you would like," Yuta smiles as he kisses me on the forehead and makes his way in. Mark saw Yuta as they did their handshake as he gets back watching the movie. He noticed Jaehyun and Taeyong sleeping with the twins that caused him to crack a smile at them. I followed him to the kitchen and serve him the feta pasta that mum had made for dinner and join the rest in the living room. 

"Finding Nemo? Seriously," Susan and Maddy shoot Yuta a glare, "There's nothing wrong with watching Finding Nemo, sir, if you have a problem, you are free to watch those R21 movies," 

"Maybe I will," 

"Wait what?" Yuta laughs as he pulls me closer to him. By the end of the movie, everyone had made their way to lalaland. The ones that are up are me and Yuta, he turns to face me and grabs my hands. "You know, I was scared today," 

"Why? What's wrong?" He gulps as he looks at me with sad eyes, "I was scared that I was going to be taken away by Kiko and get separated from you, I just got you and I don't want to be separated from you, I know we started as a bet and now we are together as a real couple, I don't want to lose you," I smile as I drew circles at the back of his hands with my thumb to calm him down. "Yuta, if she wants you back, she has to go through me, I am not letting you go that easily, no way," He smiles as pulls me into a hug and strokes my hair. I pull away and look at the rest. They seem cold so I got up and lit the fireplace and went up to my room to grab blankets for them. I quietly take the Titan while Yuta takes Titus as we make our way up to the twins' room to put them in the bassinet. 

"You want to sleep in my room or with them?" 

"I would love to sleep in your room, Lana, but I rather take no risk and sleep with them in the living room," I nod as we make our way back down to the living room to get our beauty sleep.