Chapter 16

Chapter 16

                                                LUCIA

                At first I ignored the fact that Jesse was gone. There wasn't much I could do anyways. So instead I made my way towards the corner of the kitchen where Tyler was kneeling. Gingerly I picked up the larger pieces of shattered plates and gathered them in my other hand. For a moment Tyler and I cleaned things up in silence, neither one of said anything about what happened, and some part of me was okay with that. But I knew we couldn’t just drag it on.

                “Sorry,” I mumbled.

                Tyler shrugged. “It’s fine really...”

                I shook my head. “No it isn’t. I should have told you that it would happen if I ever became upset. But I didn’t.”

                Tyler stopped picking up the broken ceramics and reached for my arm. “Lucia seriously...it’s okay.”

                I gave him a sad nod before going back to the broken dishware.

                “Did Jesse know?” He whispered.

                “Before, yeah...”

                He nodded.

                “He’ll never remember me, will he?” I wasn’t sure if I was looking for an answer or not. But I knew that I was already aware of what the answer would be.

                Tyler shrugged, “We never know.”

                Suddenly there was a loud thud in the room next door.

                I shot up to my feet. “What was that?!” I gasped.

                Another thud followed by a painful groan.

                “Jesse!!” I yelled.

                Swiftly Tyler and I darted towards Jesse’s room. My hands were trembling from fear as I tried my best to open the door.

                THUD

                Finally the door opened, and revealed a brown haired boy on the ground. He was shaking violently, his eyes rolled up to his head, his arms tense against his side.

                “What’s wrong with him?” I stuttered.