Chapter 17

Chapter 17

                                                JESSE

                When she gasped I let out a hurling laugh. It was amusing; the way she curled behind Tyler yet couldn’t refuse to take a glance my way.

                I shook my head in enjoyment as I reached to touch her cheek. However that stupid boy threw his arm against my chest, leaving Lucia alone. “What’s the matter with you?” He snarled.

                Smiling I said. “Nothing’s the matter chum.”

                Tyler slightly hissed only causing me to cackle. This was so entertaining!! “Tell you what,” I said. “If you leave me alone with Lucia for two minutes, just to talk, I promise I won’t touch her.”

                “I don’t believe you.” The Angel spat.

                “Oh come one you holy being, don’t be rude! Give me the benefit of the doubt yeah? I promise, cross my heart, I will not lay a finger on her!”

                Lucia took a step closer, only adding fuel to my already smiling face.

                “No,” Tyler shook his head.

                “Look Superman, I just want to talk to her.” I threw my hands up in surrender. “...Honest...”

                “It’s okay Tyler.” Lucia whispered.           

                “Listen to the lady,” I snickered. “It’s all okay.”

                Tyler hissed as he pushed me against his arm one last time. Then as he stepped back Lucia took another step forward. “Tyler,” She whispered, never leaving my gaze. I’ll be fine.”

                With a scoff the Angel left the room. “I’ll be outside.”

                “Well, well,” I snickered. “I never thought I’d live to see the day where the devil’s daughter was friends with an Angel.”

                Lucia ignored my remark. “What’s the matter with you Jesse?” 

                I reached up to grace my thumb against her lips. “Nothing, I feel perfectly exhilarated!”

                She shook her head. “This isn’t you.”

                “Oh but surely it is,” I twirled in my spot. “I look the same don’t I?”