Chapter 15

Chapter 15

                                                JESSE

                “SAY SOMETHING!”

                What was that? Suddenly Tyler rose from his seat; I on the other hand sat where I was for a few more seconds, afraid of what was going on in the other room.

                “Answer me damn you!”

                “It’s Lucia!” Tyler gasped as he gracefully sprinted towards the door. Half reluctantly and half concerned I followed.

                “Lucia!” Tyler called towards her as he slid to her side.

                The girl was sobbing, her tears streaming down her face…she was staring at the ground. But there was nothing there. A littler nervous I stood to the side of the kitchen. Some part of me wanted to comfort her, but I didn’t know who she was!

                “Lucia calm down.” Tyler said.

                But she didn’t. She continued to cry. Her cries were so heartbreaking and yet so frightening at the same time. Suddenly the ground underneath my feet began to shake. At first I thought it was nothing but soon the dishes inside the cupboards began to shutter. Before I knew it cups and plates were flying sliding off their now open shelves. The cupboard doors smacked and crashed against their frames and ceramic dishes shattered on the ground.

                “Lucia, stop…You’re shaking the room!” Tyler cried.

                Suddenly she punched the ground. I flinched afraid to find her hand broken and bleeding. But to my dismay it wasn’t her hand that was hurt, it was the ground. My eyes widened from the sight.

                “Stop, Lucia! Please!!” Tyler begged as he lifted her from where she sat.

                As soon as she was on her feet everything from there on was a blur. All I could see was a flash of color, and all I could hear was a deathly crack. Then the world stopped. The room subsided and all I could do was stand there. Lucia dropped her hands and slowly scanned around her. Then she looked at the fallen boy. The boy she had thrown to the wall. The boy who seemed much taller than her…the boy who had seemed much stronger than her was collapsed on the ground!

                Lucia stammered before apologizing.

                The words that were then exchanged between Lucia and Tyler were just whispers to me. I was in too much of a shock over what I had just seen! I was scared; I was scared to the point where I found myself locking the bedroom door behind me. At first I wanted to make excuses for her. She didn’t throw Tyler to the wall. How could she? She was so tiny….

                But it was right in front of my own eyes. She did throw him. She was capable of killing someone.

                “It’s quite the fright isn’t it?” A voice echoed within the walls.

                The sudden appearance of that voice was beginning to shock me less and less. This time I just nodded.

                “It’s quite a shame too, wouldn’t you say?”

                I looked up at the ceiling. “What do you mean?”

                Lucifer sighed. “I invited her to stay with me, to help me keep the underworld intact. And so I would monitor her aggression and help her control it. She denied my help. She chose to roam here, to harm others….”

                I shook my head. “It doesn’t seem likely…”

                “Oh, she’s quite manipulative like that. Always acting like the victim, that she is under the control of her own power,” He mimicked her voice.   “She doesn’t mean to hurt others. She didn’t know what she was doing.”

                “So why are you just letting her roam around!!? Shouldn’t you stop her before she hurts even more people?”

                “That’s what I’m trying to do son, but I can’t just simply show up and-“

                 I cut him off. “But you just did!! When you took my grandmother away!!”

                “Jesse, my boy, please stay calm! You have to understand that your grandmother was a very bad woman when she was younger…”

                Shaking my head I said. “I don’t believe you.”

                “She had a very bad past my son. You must try to let her go. But listen. There will be many innocent people who will get hurt because of Lucia. And I need you to stop her.”

                “How am I supposed to do that?”

                “You need to persuade her, Jesse. You are a very kind soul, she’ll believe you.”

                I shook my head. “I can’t lie to her…”

                Lucifer snapped. “And why not?! She clearly has lied to you!!!”

                For a moment I stood silent.

                “You see what things she can do! She can easily snap your own neck if she had the chance!!”

                He was right. But I just couldn’t find myself lying to her. I didn’t understand why I couldn’t, I just couldn’t.

                “Fine, I’ll have to get you to persuade her in a different way.”

                “What do you mean?”

                But I heard no reply. Nothing, all there was, was the small breeze outside in the dimming city.

                “Lucifer…” I called out.

                Silence…