Chapter 12

Chapter 12

                                                                JESSE

                The boy in front of me almost stood protectively. His hair was glistening blond, and his eyes were a piercing blue. He was unearthly, and I didn’t like him.

                “Why are you even here? The both of you, what are you doing in my home!?” I snarled.

                “Jesse,” Lucia spoke. Her face looked pale, or as pale as a tan skinned girl could get. Her eyes seemed to be shinning with tears, and her neck almost looked purple. “You don’t remember what happened?”

                I shook my head. “No sorry, but the last thing I recall before this moment was walking out of my apartment!”

                She lowered her gaze. She wanted to say something, I could tell but nothing came out. Instead the boy spoke. “You don’t remember what happened in the streets? What Lucifer said to you?”

                Lucifer...Had he been the one talking to me? Should I tell them what had happened, how he had wanted me to answer...but somehow I couldn't?  “No, I don’t...I remember him telling me that she –“ darted my eyes towards Lucia. “Killed me, and my grandmother, he said that I –“ stopped myself from revealing anything further. For some reason all that echoed in my head was the fact that I had to remember what this girl did to me. I had to remember what she was capable of, but what exactly was that?

                “Listen, Jesse,” Tyler said. “Things are going to, and are already happening. But you should know that we’re on your side. Do you understand? We want to help you. And this man, the voice that keeps calling out to you, he’s going to make you believe things that aren’t real.”

                I shook my head. “You’re lying...how would I know whether you’re on ‘my side’ or not? First off there is no side. I just wanted to leave and find my grandmother...”

                Tyler pressed his lips together as he and Lucia locked gaze. There was something about that that made me uncomfortable. “Jesse,” Lucia mumbled. “You aren’t going to find your grandmother. Not now, not ever, and definitely not here.”

                “You don’t know what you’re saying.”

                She shook her head in exasperation. “Sadly I do. You have to believe us. You have to understand that Lucifer is a powerful man.”

                “You mean your father?” Slowly I lifted myself off my elbows to sit on the side of the bed.

                She nodded. “Yes. He is able to do things that you will find very hard to believe.”

                “Look, I really don’t want any part of this!” I whimpered.

                “I don’t want you to be part of this either, trust me I never wanted you involved from the beginning!”

                “Beginning?”

                She gave me a sad smile. “You don’t remember a thing do you?”

                I shook my head, my hands clasping my hair. “No! I keep telling you I don’t know who you are! Please I am literally begging you to just leave me alone!”