Chapter 23

Chapter 23

                                                                                 Jesse

               I felt a strong pressure under my fingers, a warm sensation trickled the tips…what exactly was happening?

               Suddenly I felt a small vibration underneath my hand, like someone was struggling to breathe.

               “LET HER GO!” A strong voice shouted from behind. I tried to turn my head around, but I couldn’t. I could barely see out my own eyes! What was going on?!

               Then, out of nowhere a heavy load hit me from the side, sending my body flying to the ground.               

               “Oh, the boy wants to fight!” I heard my voice speak.

               Did I say that?

               “Damn right I do!” The previous voice shouted.

               Soon, a stiff pound hit my face, again and again.

               Laughter escaped my lips.

               The hitting stop and I felt my face grow swollen, my laughter still continuing.

               “Oh, dear,” An old voice whimpered.

               Lucifer?

               “Seems as though they’ve escaped.”

               They?!

               “Jesse,” Lucifer called out. “Are you still in there?”

               “Sadly,” My voice answered.

               “Eugene shut your mouth, I wasn’t addressing the question to you.”

               Eugene!?

               “Jesse, are you there my son?”

               I didn’t say a word.

               “Well nether the less, you’re friend has escaped. She has an angel with her. Things are far more complicated than I predicted. So, our approach has to be a little different I’m afraid.”

               “What do you purpose?” My voice asked.

               “We need to go home; we need to go talk to some old friends.”

               My eyes began to open from my command this time. My body was sore, and I could feel the bruises around my eye.

               “What the-“ I mumbled suddenly finding myself lying on a bed.

               “Sorry about that mate.” A man spoke from behind me.

               Abruptly I turned around. There standing in a dark button shirt and dark pants. His shirt had three buttons undone from under his chin. Disgusting…

               I glared at the man.

               He curled his thin lips into a smile. “Now, let’s not get angry. I’m going to need your body again.”