Chapter 14

Chapter 14

                                                LUCIA

                I wanted him to smile. But he didn’t. He just continued to stare. For a second I wanted to say something, to beg him to trust me again. I wanted to find out if anything rang a bell in his mind about me. But I didn’t say a thing, I just continued to sit there and smile.

                I wasn’t sure how long we stared at each other for. It could have been a couple seconds or even as long as fifteen minutes. But the moment was short lived when Tyler reentered the room. And as quickly as he came in he gracefully walked over to sit by me.

                “So what are we going to do?” Jesse mumbled.

                Tyler cleared his throat before saying. “Well first off you have to understand that you can’t believe what Lucifer says.”

                Jesse shifted in his seat but slightly nodded.

                “Then I guess for now we’ll just have to wait. Wait till he talks to you again and if fortune is on our side he may even talk to us. We need to find out what he wants.”

                I cleared my throat. “I think he may want me.”

                Suddenly Jesse shook his head and said. “No, he told me he wants me.”

                My gaze darted towards him. “For what?”

                Jesse shrugged.

                “You need to find out.” Tyler worryingly said.

                Jesse nodded again; his gaze a little reluctant to turn towards me.

                The seconds became more awkward as we sat there in the living room. I forced my eyes on the cold coffee in my hands. I couldn’t bear to look up at Jesse. Not when he didn’t remember me. Not when he no longer trusted me.

                “Excuse me,” I finally said as I stood up.

                Hurryingly I tip toed over towards the kitchen. Placing the mug in the sink, I stood there just staring at the drain.

                “I hate you,” I whispered into the metallic sink. “I don’t care if you created me! I don’t care that I have your blood! I hate you!!!! I hate you!!”

                My harsh whispers began to grow louder, but I didn’t care. I wanted Lucifer to hear me!

                “Why the hell would you do this!?” I cried out, my head lifting towards the ceiling. “Why couldn’t you have just left them alone? I’m sorry! Okay? I’ll stay this time I swear!”

                I was starting to cry.

                “Just please bring Jenny back!”

                Abruptly I felt hot tears stain my cheeks. My words slowly turned to mummers, and soon it was silent. Lucifer didn’t reply. My eyes continued to water, my heart continued to crash against my chest, and soon my hair began to grow hot.

                “SAY SOMETHING!!!” I yelled into the air.

                Nothing