Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Lucia

            I felt his head underneath my hands. In any second I could crush it. I would smash it into pieces. But I didn’t.

            A surge of heat rose around my body, my blood boiled to a high, and I could feel my hair grow burning hot. I was so angry. So upset! I hated this demon. Literally. He took Jesse. And that was all I had wanted back.

            Suddenly I felt a strong hit to my side. Before I knew it my back and came into a harsh contact with the wall.

            “Lucia!” I could hear Tyler call from behind Jesse.

            Then Jesse had wrapped his fingers around my neck. I felt my eyes bulged out from their sockets. My lungs begging for air.

            “Let her go!” Tyler growled before attacking Jesse down. I clung on to my sore throat.

            Before I had a chance to get back on my feet, Jesse already had Tyler pinned to the ground. I could smell the blood running from his nose. I could feel the broken ribs inside of me. We weren’t going to win.

            And that was unacceptable.

            “Let him go Lucifer!” I cried out.

            Jesse chuckled at my cry, his knee still pinning Tyler’s neck.

            This was it…I had to give myself up. If I didn’t Lucifer could kill Tyler…and Jesse. He already had my mother and Jenny. I couldn’t let him have these two too.

            “Lucifer! I give up. Okay? I’m yours, just leave them alone!”

            Suddenly a sneering laugh escaped Jesse. “Wow, that was a lot easier than I expected!”

            Then as if nothing happened, the room popped back into shape, Jesse was off of the Angel’s body, and standing before me was the man I thought I would never see.

            “Well done,” Lucifer commented towards Jesse. “Now, my darling, has your rebellious phase come to an end?”

            I reluctantly nodded.

            A glaring smile curled on Lucifer’s lips. “There’s only one problem.”

            I swallowed hard. “What’s that?”

            “You’ve made me very angry Lucia.”

            “I can tell.”

            “And the things you’ve done…well I can not have that.”

            “So I see…”

            “You need to be punished.”

            I scoffed. “You’re taking me with you! Isn’t that enough?!”

            A sharp laughter echoed through the room. “No, as a matter of fact it isn’t!”

            “What?!”

            With a small step, Lucifer stood a little closer to me. He then began to trace my jaw with his long boney finger. “You need to die, Lucia. It’s the only way I can be content.”

~*~

            I felt a rush of panic screaming inside my lungs. My head pun with confusion, and my heart sank with defeat. “If I do, will you leave them alone?” I whispered.

            Lucifer’s eyes scanned the two men beside me. “Maybe…”

            “No! You have to leave them alone. No more of this bullshit possession. Stop bothering them, and I’ll jump off a fucking building if you want!”

            He laughed. “Fine.”

            “Okay, Eugene…it’s your turn.”

            “Eugene?” Tyler snapped.

            “Oh how rude of me,” Lucifer snickered. “Let me introduce you to my first hand demon. Mister Eugene Fitzgerald.”

            I didn’t meet Jesse’s eye, or in this case Eugene’s. But before I knew it, he grabbed my face and stared at me. “Such a shame really,” He whispered. “Poor Jesse wants you back just as much as you want him.”

            I spat in his face.

            “Feisty.”

            Lucifer scoffed with anger. “Look you just simply need to behave Lucia. Or else we’ll be standing here for eternity. Now do your due Eugene.”

            The room grew dark, the air fell quiet, and within seconds Jesse had his finger against my throat. “I’ve always wanted to do this!”

            I felt his fingernail pierce my skin, and soon a warm trickle of blood ran down my neck. My eyes were pinned on the brown haired beauty before me. Where was he? I needed him, but all I had was a demon inside his human body. Eugene looked up at me with Jesse’s eyes. I stared deep into them. And with that, I turned my head away, and let the pain of certain death come in.