Emma Grace.

They used a small suction thing to suck out her nose and mouth then all of a sudden I heard a small sound emerge from her tiny mouth “That’s as close to a cry as we’re gonna get.” The doctor said with a smile handing the baby to Autumn then he began sewing me up.

She held her up for us to see her and I immediately burst into tears at the sight of her she was so small and beautiful then they placed her into an incubator and put IV’s in her poor little legs.

“Okay we’re taking you to recovery we’re going to take good care of her and get her hooked up to some machines and try to get her lungs working properly.” The doctor said “After recovery the nurse will bring you down to the nursery so you can see the baby.” He added “Okay.” I said

Justin leaned down and hugged me “I love you baby! I’ll see you after recovery.” He said kissing me

~~

I woke up in my room surrounded by many bouquets of flowers and tons of balloons I pushed my nurse button. After waiting a couple minutes she came in “How are you feeling Miss.Summers?”She asked “I’m okay. Can I see my baby?” I asked “Yeah sure I’ll get a wheel chair.” She said walking out.

A few seconds later she emerged through the door with a wheel chair, she helped me out of bed and into the chair. She pushed me down the hall and around the corner to the nursery window I saw a few babies all bundled in a pink or blue blanket depending on their gender. “Your baby is over there.” She said pointing to the corner.

I saw Justin standing beside the incubator with his hand through the gloves holding her hand. I carefully stood from the chair “Miss. Summers are you in too much pain to walk?” She asked “No I’m okay. I want to see my baby.”I said walking through the nursery door.

I washed my hands and I walked slowly over to Justin and the baby “Hi.” I said quietly careful not to wake the other babies “Hi baby.” He said not removing his eyes from her. We stood in silence for a moment just looking at her Justin turned to me “We can’t touch her Aaliyah.” He said you could hear the pain in his voice “She has to stay under light, she has a tube down her throat connected to a ventilator to help her breath and be hooked up to all these machines they’ve poked her everywhere with needles …” He added

“I know but if all of that helps her live, then it’s all worth it right.” I said “Yes…But she’s so little it has to hurt her… I just wish I could take away her pain Aaliyah.” He said removing one hand from the incubator leaving the hand that was holding hers. “I know me too.” I said

He grabbed my hand gently and pulled me closer so I could put my hand inside. I put my hand in the glove and touched her tiny arm she jumped a little “Justin she is beautiful.” I said looking up at him “Yes she is.” He said staring at her.

We stood there admiring her for a while “How do you feel about the name Emma?” He asked I smiled and looked up at him “I like it.” I said “I thought her middle name could be Grace, or Hope…Something spiritual.” He said “I like Grace.” I said “Me too… Emma Grace…” He said rubbing her little hand with a smile.

“Well let’s let her rest it’s been a long day for all of us and I believe you have some guests who have been waiting to see you.” He said with a smile “who?” I asked “You’ll see.” He said

I pulled my hand out of the glove and watched him as he gently removed his finger from her grasp careful not to wake her; he helped me to the wheel chair and wheeled me back to my room.

He helped me into bed “I’ll go see who wants to visit first.” He said with a smile then he walked out after a few minutes he walked through the door I saw Pattie and some of my family, they each came over and waited their turn to hug me.

“Justin called us.” My mom said hugging me “Good I’m glad you guys are here.” I said hugging the others then it was Pattie’s turn she walked up and hugged me “I’m so proud of you Aaliyah, and I know everything is going to be fine.” She said squeezing me tighter.

I looked at my family “so when do you guys leave?” I asked “Tomorrow we have a lot going on back home so we can’t stay here long.” My mom said I nodded “So can we see the baby?” my sister asked “Yeah… Oh we picked a name.” I said looking at Justin

He smiled “Emma… Emma Grace.” He said grabbing my hand “That’s so cute.” Everyone said at the same time “I’ll take them down to see the baby so more guests can see you.” Pattie said “Okay thank you Pattie.” I said

~~

The list of guests who visited included Hef, Crystal, Kendall, Za, Khalil, Scooter and Yael. By the time they left I was absolutely exhausted “It’s been a long day.” I said looking at Justin who was sitting on the couch across the room. “Yeah it definitely has.” He said typing into his phone before sitting it down and covering up with a blanket.

“Justin you don’t have to stay here you can go home.” I said “I know but I want to stay here with you.” He said I smiled “Come lay with me.” I said scooting over to give him room he smiled and grabbed his blanket and came over to me.

He crawled into the bed and wrapped his arms around me I laid my head on his chest “Do you think she’ll be okay?” I asked tracing the tattoos on his arms with my fingers “She’s going to be perfectly fine.” He said “You know how I know?”He asked “How?” I asked looking up at him “Because she’s strong like her mom.” He said “Shut up.” I said with a smile

“No I’m serious Aaliyah you’re so strong you went through a rough patch after losing your papaw and you came out of it stronger than ever… and now your being so strong through everything with Emma we have a long road ahead of us but I know no matter what happens you’re going to get through it because you are so tough, So I know she’ll get that from you she’ll be strong, beautiful, and have a huge heart. She’ll be a fighter and she’ll live.” He said “I love you so much Justin!” I said “Not as much as I love you.” He said squeezing me tighter.

My cell phone started ringing I totally forgot about my phone, I grabbed it off the stand and looked at the number. “That’s Selena….” Justin said looking at my phone. “I wonder what she wants?” I asked “Only one way to find out.” He said “Hello?” I answered “Aaliyah?” She asked “Yes.” I said

“I’m sorry to call so late I was just wondering if you would mind if I came to the hospital to see you?” She asked “No I don’t mind I don’t want any drama Selena.” I asked “There won’t be any I just want to talk” She said “I’ll see you tomorrow.” I said “Okay thanks… Goodbye Aaliyah.” She said hanging up.

“She’s coming here?” Justin asked “Yeah she wants to talk.” I said looking at him “About what?” He asked “I have no idea we’ll find out tomorrow I guess.” I said laying my head on his chest “Until then let’s get some rest.” I said covering us up with a blanket “Okay baby goodnight and I love you.” He said “I love you too Justin.” I said closing my eyes.