The Test.

“Justin … I…” I said in a slow stutter “Spit it out Aaliyah what’s going on?” He asked “I was going to tell you earlier.” I said “Well did you take it? What’d it say?” He asked “I didn’t take it yet it’s probably nothing I just felt sick all morning and some lady at the airport asked if I was pregnant so I got the test to check.” I said

“Well let’s go take it.” He said in a serious tone I nodded and followed him into the house. “you guys okay?” Pattie asked “Yeah we’re good.” Justin said walking upstairs I followed behind as he pulled my hand. “Oh I moved your bags up to Justin’s room Aaliyah.” Pattie said “Thanks.” I replied.

We walked into the room and I rummaged through my bag until I found the test. I took it out of the bag and we walked into the bathroom. “So how does this thing work?” Justin asked “I guess I just pee on it and wait for it to tell us.” I said

He opened the box and read the instructions “Okay just pee on this stick for 5 seconds and we have to wait 3 minutes for results.” He said “Okay.” I said grabbing the stick off the counter, I took off the cap and pee’d on the stick.

I put the cap back on and laid the test on the counter. “Now we wait.” I said. We sat in silence for a minute. I went to the sink and washed my hands then I splashed my face with water. “Aaliyah relax we don’t even know what the test says.” Justin said grabbing my waist. “I know but Justin what do we do if it says I am… my career is over.” I said he didn’t say anything he just stood there holding my waist. “What do you want it to say?” I asked quietly

“Honestly I don’t know. Aaliyah I want more than anything to have a family with you, but neither of us are ready.” He said “I know we aren’t but if I am I have to keep it Justin I can’t just get rid of it.” I said looking up at him.

“I know I wouldn’t expect you to do that… I wouldn’t want you to do that.” He said saying the last part in almost a whisper. I wrapped my arms around his waist he hugged me tight I laid my head against his chest, his heart was pounding.

I let go of him and sat on the counter after a few seconds Justin leaned against the wall and sighed “Have you been keeping time?” He asked “Yeah we still have a minute…” I said looking to the ground.

We waited “Aaliyah?” He asked “Hmm?” I hummed still looking at the ground “I love you.” He said I looked up “I love you too.” I said he walked over and kissed me. After a couple seconds he pulled away and rested his forehead against mine. “We’re going to be fine no matter what this test says.” He said I nodded and reach over and grabbed the stick.

I slowly brought the test up to my face… I looked at Justin “What does it say?” He asked I handed him the test. He looked at it then he set it down and wrapped his arms around me I got off the counter and hugged him hard.

“Aaliyah we’re having a baby.” He whispered as he hugged me tight, this sentence made me burst into tears. He pulled away and grabbed my cheeks “Baby we’re going to be fine we will get through this!” He said wiping my tears.

I nodded slowly “I know we’ll be fine… I just have to give up everything I worked so hard for.” I said “Aaliyah you had plans on leaving Playboy before, we had everything all planned out you can still work on other things you’ll just have to wait until after you have the baby.” He said

I nodded again not saying a word, “Well let’s go tell everyone.” Justin said “Wait what? Now?” I asked “Why not?” He asked “It’s your dad’s birthday.” I said “So it’ll be a good present.” He said with a small smile.

“No… Justin… Your dad doesn’t like me…” I said “What? He likes you... Why are you saying that?” He asked “Well before you went to Miami and well.. you know got arrested.. He told me that I was tying you down… kind of like holding you back from enjoying life and I just don’t think he’ll be happy to know now there’s going to be a baby also holding you back.” I said

“He said that?” Justin said raising his voice “You are not holding me back Aaliyah.” He said I looked up at him “I’ll be back.” He said opening the bathroom door “No Justin, don’t say anything.” I said following after him.

He didn’t listen, he stormed down the stairs and I followed quickly behind he stopped once he saw everyone sitting on the couches. He looked at Jeremy “We need to talk.” He said “What’s wrong?” Jeremy asked “Let’s go outside.” Justin said after realizing Jasmine and Jaxon were in the room.

Jeremy followed Justin out to the balcony they closed the door behind them I saw Justin yelling at Jeremy then he pointed at me. “What’s going on Aaliyah?” Pattie asked I looked back to Justin who was standing there listening to Jeremy yell then Justin began yelling again “umm...” I hesitated not knowing how to answer her question.

The balcony door slid open “Justin let it go!” Jeremy said in a loud tone “No dad I won’t let it go I love her and she is carrying my baby and you will not say things like that to her ever again.” Justin yelled storming past Jeremy towards me.

Everyone froze and looked at me Pattie’s eyes filled with tears “What?” She questioned. My heart was pounding and I felt like fainting.