Chapter 39

A/N: Everyone, say hello to Devon who shows up briefly in Here We Go Again. Also, meet Hunter who will be one of the main characters in the next story I’ll post on wattpad – Hunt Me Down. You can read the summary to it in my Upcoming Projects, Ch. 4 (link in the comments). I plan to upload the first chapter of HMD on August 24. Enjoy!

PS: This chapter is dedicated to sumiXoyasumi  

*****

Skyler’s POV

It had taken me three days after I’d gotten back to the apartment to make up my mind on whether I should go to the Strawberry club, another day to admit that to Kee and almost a week of sucking up to him and pestering him about coming with before I finally managed to convince him to do so. My original plan had been for the two of us to go with Josh – the waiter from our favorite café, and his boyfriend. Keegan had vehemently protested against that, saying that if he were to go to “that type of club”, he didn’t want anyone to know about it, let alone go with someone he actually knew, even if vaguely. So in the end I did call Josh and discreetly (at least I hope it was) inquired when they won’t be going to Strawberry. Turns out we were lucky – they had plans out of town for the long weekend. I’d settled on Friday as the day to party, but once more my roommate had voiced out his objection.

“Are you out of your mind?” He’d asked me. “Friday and Saturday are the busiest nights for clubs. Can’t we go when there are less people?”

“We could,” I’d begun calmly, ignoring another excuse to postpone this. Had he been hoping that I’d change my mind about going as time passed? “But if the place is packed, there will be less of a chance of someone spotting us there, right? We’ll just get lost amongst the crowd, won’t we, Keegan?”

Not being able to argue with that, Kee had only grunted, crossed his arms over his chest and muttered “fine”. For someone who did not approve of guys pouting, claiming it was a girl’s thing, he was sporting one Hell of a pout!

So now, Friday night, we were finally getting ready to go to our first ever gay club. Well, Keegan already was ready, leaning on the bedroom door and impatiently drumming on the frame with his fingers while I still hesitated on what to wear.

“Will you just pick something already?” He formed it as a question but his tone made it sound like an order.

“I want to wear my pink shirt,” I began voicing my hesitations aloud. “But you always say it makes me look gay and I don’t want to give off the wrong impression and mislead anyone at the club.”

“So you are not gay?” He asked in the same annoyed tone.

“I don’t think so,” I muttered, placing the shirt back on its hanger in the wardrobe.

“Then why are we going to a gay club tonight?” He asked exasperated.

“Because one – I think but I am not sure, two – it wouldn’t hurt to try and three – Josh said that place is awesome and I’ve wanted to go there even before I thought I might be bi… or curious,” I added, not ruling that option out.

“So you are definitely not gay? You still like girls?”

I nodded and he sighed in relief.

“I thought you didn’t mind even if I was gay,” I noted.