Chapter 10

Caden's POV

"I thought about bringing Alice here."

"Who's Alice?" She questioned, turning to me.

"Oh... Umm, she's my girlfriend."

"How come you haven't mentioned her before?"

"Well... I guess it just didn't pop up in our conversations until now," I shrugged.

Galya put away her sketchbook, shifting all of her body towards me.

"Tell me about her," she ordered, looking straight into my eyes.

"What do you want to know?"

"Everything you are willing to share."

"Well," I shifted on my seat. Why was it difficult to speak about my girlfriend? "Alice is the cute and small type. She has these green eyes and brown hair that are a family trait so she doesn't think they are a big deal; she doesn't realize how beautiful she is. She is also innocent and sweet, and somewhat childish."

Less so after the shooting, I thought and looked away from the redhead to hide my rage. She is a lot more serious now and solemn but not bitter; she's never bitter, she's too good for that.

"She's also strong," I went on aloud, the words flowing out of my mouth without a hurdle. "Not physically but as a character. No matter what troubles she has, she doesn't allow them to bring her down; she'd put up a fight. And she is kind and compassioned: she'd rather aid others first and only then think about herself." I turned to face Galya once more and smiled. "And she can be very, very stubborn. If she thinks she can help you out, then she'd do it, even if you keep telling her to back off."

The girl tilted her head to the side. She studies me quietly before smiling as well.

"She sounds like an amazing person," she commented. "And you sound very much in love with her."

"Yes, I am."

Galya shifted her attention back to the church and her drawings.

"You should bring her here, Caden. Maybe then I'll meet her."

"About that," I started, remembering a conversation I'd had with Alice. "She'd like to see you too."

"She would?" Galya asked, her gaze still on the sketchbook.

"Yeah. All my friends would. There's six of us you see," I started explaining whilst taking my own sketch. "My childhood friends Keegan and Asher are also here. So are Alice's bets friends Beth and Skyler; those two are twins. They all go to the Aberville University so we rented three apartments here: one for Alice and I, one for Beth and Ash who are a couple, and one for Kee and Sky. They are not a couple," I added, remembering Calvin Andrews's assumption from the day we moved in. "I told all of them how we met and later that you studied at the Academy and Alice suggested to invite you over sometime."

"That's sweet of her," the redhead murmured.

"I should warn you though: it's quite a loony house back at the apartment. Especially with Sky's antics; he's even more childish than my Alice! And he and Keegan are single so they will probably come on to you..."

"I wouldn't worry about that," she said and sneaking a glance her way, I realized she was smirking. "I know how to deal with their type."

I nodded and went back to sketching; a few more strokes and it would be completed.

"Then how about you come over this weekend?"

"No, I already made plans for this one and the next. Perhaps we can get together sometime mid-week next week?"