Chapter 34

AN: I’ve missed Kee and Sky so I thought we should get back to them while Gavin takes care of things.

PS: Some of you have probably noticed that I’m giving out dedications. It’s my way to say thank you to those of you who keep reading, voting and commenting. I’ll be dedicating future chapters but will also do so with a few of the old ones.

Have an awesome day/night and I hope you’ll enjoy the chapter :)

*****

Keegan’s POV

I twisted in my bed once more. It was only eleven p.m. but having nothing to do, I’d decided to get some sleep so at ten thirty I’d taken off my clothes, leaving only my pair of white boxers on, and lay on the soft sheets. Skyler had followed suit not ten minutes later, muttering something about how there was nothing good to watch tonight.

I groaned and turned on my stomach.

“Can’t sleep?” My roommate inquired.

“No,” I murmured grumpily. “No matter to which side I turn or how I position my body, I just can’t; I’m not sleepy at all.”

“Then why did you go to bed?”

“You know why: out of boredom.”

I covered my head with my pillow. What were the odds of falling asleep like that?

Even through the fabric, I still heard his amused suggestion:

“Why don’t you try snuggling Mr. Snuggles?”

I removed the pillow from my face and glared at him.

“What? You seem lonely.” He attempted to sound innocent but looked like he was enjoying teasing me.

“Sky, why don’t you take that bear and shove it…” I started to tell him off but then I realized: I was kind of lonely.

“Skyler, get up,” I ordered, doing so myself.

“Why? Do you need help carrying Mr. Snuggles to your bed?” He continued to jest and I rolled my eyes.

“Fine, I’ll go by myself,” I replied.

“Go where?” He was now sitting on his bed, his eyes following me as I was putting on my clothes. I paused, wondering what top to wear. Should I go for something casual or dress up? I didn’t feel like going to a club tonight, just for a beer so casual it was.

“Keegan?” He pushed his sheet off his body. Like me, he’d chosen to sleep only in a pair of cotton boxers.

“Where are we going?” He asked again.

I am going to hook up,” I answered, pulling the zipper of my blue jeans up. “As you said: I’m lonely. I’m also bored and could use some company.”

“You have me,” he commented with a bright smile.

“Not that kind of company,” I shook my head. “I need a girl.”

“Oh.”

“So are you coming or not?”

“But we’d just gone to bed,” he looked back at his now empty bed.

“No, we went to bed half an hour ago and neither of us can sleep.”

“Good point,” the blond nodded and reached for the jeans that were on the floor next to where he stood. His face suddenly lit up.