Chapter 3

Keegan’s POV

“Here!” I thrust the large wicker basket in my roommate’s hands.

“W-what am I supposed to do with this?” Skyler queried.

“The laundry. And in the mean time I’ll do the dishes.”

“Oooh!” He drawled. “Okay!”

He swirled around almost dropping the basket with our dirty clothes then strolled to the door. His hand had barely reached the handle when he turned back with a perplexed expression.

“Where is the landry room?” He uttered the question I’d been waiting for him to ask.

“In the basement,” I announced wondering if my blond friend’s next words would be “where’s the basement?”

“Basement?!” He shouted, literally jumping in the air, making some of the clothing fall on the floor.“Kee, there are spiders in there! What if one attacts me?”

I sighed.

I should be used to his theatrics by now!

“Attack it back,” I suggested. Seeing asthe boy was still hesitating, I spoke more firmly: “Just go already!”

“Fine!”He pouted and headed for the door again all the while muttering:“Going to the dumb basement, with the dumb spiders to wash the dumb clothes...”

He’d made it halfway through the room before he faced me again.

“Hey, Keegan, how do you wash clothes?”

I gaped at him.

Oh, he must be kidding me!

He must be trying to piss me off with his annoying questions so that I’d end up doing the laundry. But he would not succeed; I was not going to let him choose his chores. We’d already made a schedule for them and we were going to stick to it.

“You put them in the washing machine,” I explained, attempting to keep my voice even. “You know what a washing machine looks like, right, Skyler?”

“Of course I do,” he huffed. His body had not turned a full one-eighty degrees, when he looked at me again. “How do you operate the washing machine?”

“Are you trying to get away from laundry duty?” I inquired, deciding to no longer beat around the bush.

“No.”

“So you've really never done laundry before?”

“I'm rich. I have a maid for that,” he stated as if it was the most obvious thing.

“You actually have a maid?”

“Yep. Several infact. We also have a butler, chef, assistant chefs, a few gardeners, poolboy, horse trainers...”

“Okay, okay, I get it:you are living high on the hog. I don't need to know about your army of servants.”

“I was almost done actually.”

I groaned.

“Skyler, go downstairs to the basement, open the washing machine, put the clothes in, close the washing machine then read the instructions that are taped to the wall above the washing machine,” I started explaining as if he was a child. “Once you are done, read them again then follow them one by one. If anybody is in the basement at the time, ask them for help.”

“You know I’m not a dimwit, right?” He glowered at me.

“No, you are not.” I waited until the frown was gone before I added just to mess with him: “But you are naturally blond and that color suits you very much.”