Chapter 29: Paranoia

Chapter 29:

"Ok let me get this straight, you want me to stay on house arrest because you think it is going to make it easier to escape?" I asked in complete disbelief to the two men that were sitting on the couch across from me. Kyrie and Carlos had arrived about an hour after I had obediently eaten all the breakfast that the Monster had made for me as part of our 'deal' and the Monster and my sister left for school. Convincing Chey that she had to leave with the Monster had been difficult, mostly because I wasn't keen on the idea myself. When I had been sent to wake her up for breakfast she was so scared to go into the room with the Monster that I practically had to drag her in. I had made sure to tell her while she was getting dressed that if the Monster so much as looked at her funny to drop kick him in the balls and make sure I knew about it. She assured me that she would let me know if anything happened but was kind of horrified about kicking the bastard in the nuts. She had told me that I should really stop speaking in such vulgar terms. Of all the times for Chey to be a stuck up prude this morning had really not been one of them.

I mean, how can you describe kicking someone where the sun doesn't shine in a non-vulgar way?

Create a non-elastic collision between your metatarsus and his scrotal sack with a large amount of force in order to create a severe pain response?

That explanation would take too damn long.

Nevertheless, Chey had been almost glued to me during breakfast and I had to practically peel her off of me to make her leave for school. I didn't want her to go. Well I wanted her to go but I didn't want her to go with him. I didn't want her to be anywhere near that...that...Monster.

I took a deep breath and shook my head slightly before turning my attention back to Kyrie and Carlos who were both looking at me with understanding expressions.

Carlos had finally dropped the brain damaged act after a few minutes of Kyrie scanning the apartment with some sort of weird wand like instrument that could pick up monitoring devices while we chit chatted about the weather. He was checking the room to see if it was bugged.

The room was apparently not bugged.

Did I mention that Carlos was a bit of a paranoid person?

Yeah...he really, really is.

Kyrie shook his head and leaned forward to take my hands in his.

"Before you go all crazy and get really irritated and angry I want you to know something...this was all Carlos' idea." He pointed out, immediately earning a short but irritated laugh from the beast of a man sitting next to him.

"Way to present a united front Kyrie." Carlos mumbled as he leaned back on the couch, putting his feet up onto the coffee table. I narrowed my eyes at him in doubt.

"Explain right now or I will unload a shit ton of pissed off girl on house arrest all over your ass." I barked at him.

Kyrie chuckled a little at my statement but Carlos just nodded.

Apparently only one of them knew I was serious.

"That tracking device is going to become our security blanket for this whole operation." Carlos began pointing to the contraption that was secured around my ankle.

"How?" I commanded to know.

"We are going to use it as a decoy. Out of all of the human mates you are counted as the most likely to try something during this event. Kyrie, Sasha and Norma have always been obedient, I'm an invalid and although everyone thinks Red is a nutcase no one regards her as a threat. So really, as long as the signal is still coming from that device in this apartment telling them you are here they will think we are all here. Understand?"