Chapter 20: Violating House Arrest...Naked.

Chapter 20:

The rest of the dinner was relatively uneventful.  Sean came back into the dining room carrying my soup and practically spoon fed me the broth while Red continually ranted about how he was poisoning me with sick people food and Alfred periodically gave her hard looks that seemed to shut her up only momentarily. Once I had finished the soup, Sean took a slight break from being overbearingly attentive to me and he started talking to the Beta. I didn’t really pay attention to much of what they were talking about but it surprised me that the tone of their conversation sounded causal and relaxed. I remembered the fear that was plastered to Sean’s face before he opened the door for the intimidating Beta and was confused at how different his actual relationship with the beast seemed to be.

They acted like they were actually…friends. Well as much as that straight faced Beta could actually act like a friend. I guess they are inhuman monsters. I’m not supposed to understand them.

“I think it is about time that we head out. It is nearly eleven o’clock.” The Beta said, the suggestion coming out more like a command. Red pouted, crossing her arms and shaking her head.

“No. I wanta stay with Juni.” She retorted. The Beta stood up, looking down at his mate with an expression that looked designed to make little kids pee their pants.

“Regina, I’m sure that Sean and his mate wish to go to bed. Just like we should be going to bed.” He told her, sounding more like a parent talking to an unruly child than a….well I didn’t even know what to call this whole relationship. Red suddenly scrambled out of her seat, under the table and to my side, latching her arms around my shoulders while I was still sitting.

“Slumber party!” she exclaimed with a wide grin. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Sean look at Alfred with a horrified and pleading expression.

“We are not staying here.” He told here flatly. Red shrugged.

“We don’t have to. You go to your home and I’ll stay here. See, no “we” is involved.” She explained. Suddenly Alfred growled and I immediately swallowed hard.

 Oh shit.

“You will leave with me and we will go to our home and you will sleep with me in our bed. Is that clear?” he snarled at her, the beast once again stirring behind his eyes. Red narrowed her eyes at him but let go of my shoulders and went to stand beside him. The hate in her expression was almost tangible and I really thought she was about to lay into him hard when she surprised me once again.                                                                                                                   

“Carry me!” Red suddenly cried, throwing her arms up like a toddler would toward the much taller Alfred. Alfred raised a brow and his hands clenched into fists.

“Regina I’m not carrying you all the way back to the apartment.” He told her sternly. Her expression slipped and her eyes immediately rimmed with tears.

“Alfy thinks I’m fat.” She blubbered, burying her face in her hands. Alfred for half a second looked so shocked that I almost started to laugh. God this girl could act.

“I do not think that you are fat.” He sighed, looking at her with bland tiredness.

“Then why won’t you carry me?” she asked, still looking like she was an emotional mess.

“Fine, I’ll carry you.” he said, reaching toward her to pick her up. She suddenly sobered and sneered at him.

“Never mind, I just remembered that I just bought this top and I don’t want you to shed and drool all over it.” she told him, already leaving the room. Alfred stood there like a statue for one more second before he nodded toward Sean and followed Red down the hall. Before I heard the front door close behind them I heard Red yell down the hall.