Chapter 47: Finally Answered Part 2

A/N: So this update is SO unedited that it isn't even funny. However, I was so excited that my insomnia led to writing that I just HAD to post it! Happy reading everyone!

Chapter 47: Part 2

               Alpha Anguta killed your father.

His affirmation of my fears kept repeating in my head even though he had long since fallen silent. Since the moment the patrolmen forcibly removed me from my father’s corpse, I had been desperate for the answer that the beta had just given me. For years I had struggled with the pain of not knowing and the unwavering anger of knowing nothing was being done to answer the questions surrounding my father’s death. The creatures indifference to the justice my father deserved was the constant fuel to the hatred that simmered just below the surface of my skin every second of the last four years of my life.

I never would have imagined that the answer to my question would bring those emotions to a dangerous boil, but that is exactly the response the beta’s words elicited from my body. My frame visibly shook under the emotions that clashed within my mind.

Hatred, rage, despair, and confusion all seemed to convene together to make my body react as if I were suddenly possessed by something more supernatural than the being sitting in the room with me.

“Why?”

That was the first question that my volatile mind decided to spit back at the beta with a vicious seriousness which mildly surprised me. I expected my voice to be broken with emotion, but instead it was clear and sharp like a shard of glass.

The beta, however, did not look disturbed by my sharpness. Instead he looked at me in a way that made the vicious emotions which claimed me turn even more intense. His eyebrows drooped slightly and his silver eyes carried an all too knowing sheen. He was looking at me like he could see through me, as if he knew in that moment exactly how I felt.

I hated him more for that.

I hated that he knew anything about me. I hated that he knew things about me that I did not. I hated that he knew how I felt because he had felt the same emotions himself.

“I don’t know why.” He confessed, running a weary hand through his hair. “He claimed that your father was part of an underground resistance ring that his people had been tracking for several years, but his explanation didn’t add up--.”

“How?” I demanded before he could finish speaking. He gave me what I supposed was a leveling look, a look which was designed to try to improve my patience.

It did nothing of the sort.

“I looked into your father’s history, all of it, from birth to death. I spent months digging into his background and all of his connections and there was nothing to tie him to any of the accusations made by Anguta’s people. Anguta’s people were lying…but I don’t know why.” He confessed, his eyes almost distant as he spoke through his findings.

He was sincere, a fact that my heightened emotions did not care for. His sincerity didn’t make sense to me. Nothing about why he was here made sense to me. He had told me why he was here, but why was it now. Why after all this time did he suddenly grow a fucking conscious and decide to tell me these things.

“What happened?”

The beta’s eyes focused on me once again, a solemn look crossing his features before sighing tiredly.