Chapter 17: General Itchy Britches

A/N I'm sorry the update took so long! I've been getting home so late the past week that I literally have fallen asleep at the computer when I try to write anything. Please comment and vote! It keeps me motivated to write more!

Chapter 17:

The monster came back into the kitchen wearing a pair of loose fitting sweatpants but still didn't have a shirt on, his chest muscles and the hard cords of muscle in his arms and abs on full display. Well thank God for the pants at least. I was still perched on the counter, unable to move myself through the numb feeling in all of my limbs. Even in his human form he frightened me. All I could notice were the features he shared with the beast, the hard muscles, dark hair, black eyes and enlarged canines. He came straight to me, touching my frozen cheek gently before wrapping both arms around me and nuzzling his face into the crook of my shoulder. I was still so frightened that I didn't move, couldn't move through all of the panic and defeat that I felt, crouched up on the counter like a caged animal.

"I won't come in the apartment in wolf form anymore if it startles you. You are so scared that I can smell it on you. The smell of your adrenaline burns my nose and makes me feel so sick." He admitted, pulling me tighter toward him.

My fear made him sick, his concern made me sick.

Isn't that ironic.

He pulled back from the embrace to look into my face. He was smiling gently, showing off his enlarged teeth and the crinkles around his eyes. He looked hopeful that his assurances would smooth the whole thing over.

Nope.

"Are your brownies done?" he asked. "Something smells like it is burning."

Brownies?

"Oh Shit." I suddenly blurted, pushing him out of my way to yank open the oven. I grabbed some mitts and pulled the brownies out of the oven in haste, putting the pan down on the counter. I looked at the burnt brownies in disgust and disappointment. My stress relief had gone up in flames...almost literally. The monster appeared at my shoulder and looked down at the flop sympathetically.

"The middle doesn't look too bad." He told me, trying to make me feel better I guess.

"You have a very low standard of good then." I found myself retorting before I could stop myself. The monster laughed and kissed the side of my head.

"Do you usually burn food?" he asked, wrapping his arms back around my waist. I felt my eyes narrow as I shoved him off of me, my lip curling back over my teeth and I practically snarled at him.

"I don't burn food." I grumbled feeling extremely bitter about the whole ordeal.

I don't know why I was so frustrated. Maybe it was the fact that I was taken here against my will, almost killed, humiliated in the worst way possible and now the only thing I have to control the situation won't even turn out right.

The monster held up his hands in defense, looking at me with an expression that was both apologetic and amused.

"I was just asking. I didn't mean to offend you love."

I rolled my eyes and look back down at the disappointing batch of brownies, the burnt portions of the chocolate mixture laughing at me.

I couldn't stand it anymore.

"Ah screw it." I mumbled as I walked around the other end of the island and grabbed a protein shake out of the fridge.

I guess whatever third person omniscient force there may be running the universe wanted me to eat things that tasted like shit.