Chapter 35: Blue

A.N: Sorry that it took me so long to upload. I have been super busy and have not had much time to write. I hope to have the next chapter up within the next week or two! Happy reading!

Chapter 35:

“There will be three different routes. Two by land and one by waterway.” Carlos explained as he drew lines through the flat iced surface of the cakes that sat on the living room coffee table before us.

It was Kyrie, Red, Sasha, Carlos and me.

During the time it took for Sasha and Carlos to arrive I had gotten Chey out of the bathtub. She was still so out of it that I basically forced her to go back to try to sleep in the guest room that Red and I had somewhat put back together. I had gone to go get her when they arrived but Carlos stopped me, saying that it would be best if she slept if she had been so shaken up. I can’t say that I disagreed with him. She had seen a lot in the last couple of hours and I didn’t think she would even really be able to process anything that might be said at this particular powwow. After Sasha had iced the cakes, Carlos had taken it upon himself to start drawing a map into the smooth chocolate surface with a butter knife. “Most of the werewolves will be gone from the territory so only the most basic patrols will run around the parameter.” Carlos continued gesturing to the edges of his drawing which I could now distinctly see was the town and surrounding areas. “Even though this gives us an edge it still poses a major problem. We have to time everything just right to avoid the patrols and if we cross a patrol line on foot they are bound to pick up on our scents.”

“I’ve been working on ways to hide our scents.” Kyrie suddenly adds, pulling his bag closer to him before pulling out a mason jaw full of some sort of powder. “This is Lyme powder. I’m going to give each of you some of it to wash your clothes in the morning before we leave. It should nullify any detergent smells that the fabric contains. I also think that we should each exchange one set of clothes that has not been washed with the Lyme and then change and discard them once we are well over the border. It may not work but if we can try to get each mate on the trail of the wrong person it might by us all some time.”

Carlos nodded to Kyrie’s suggestions.

“I agree. Any mate that discovers that they are on the wrong trail will circle back, they won’t keep after a mate that is not their own.” He asserted, his logic making perfect sense. Werewolves were too possessive to think of anything else in stressful situations, everyone knew that. “Anyways, the methods that I have selected for our escape will also help hide our scents as well. The group that will take the river will have their scent masked by the water and will leave no scent trail for miles. The land groups will be hitching rides out by train and by transport truck so you shouldn’t be leaving a direct scent trail out of the territories as well. I’ve decided that the fairest way to decide which group goes where will be to draw for it.”

“Who is in what group?” I asked, leaning forward in my seat to get a better look at what Carlos was drawing.

“Well obviously you and your sister will be in the same group. I doubt you want to let her out of your sight. Kyrie and Red will be the second group and then Sasha and I will be the last group. We’ve already collected most of the supplies needed for each two person group.”

My brow furrowed.

“What about Norma?” I asked. “Surely you’re not sending her by herself.”

Carlos didn’t answer me but instead looked toward Kyrie with a questioning look. Kyrie hung his head and sighed.

“Norma isn’t coming with us.” He admitted.