Chapter 21: Never

Chapter 21:

"We have to stop meeting like this." Kyrie told me as he started to clean the gash on my side. I laughed once without humor and then let him continue with his work. I had woken up about 45 minutes ago from the sedation that they had put me under and my head still felt foggy. I was sitting on the kitchen counter top next to the sink, wearing some of the monster's shorts and a sports bra so that Kyrie could easily treat the wound. The monster himself was around the corner, curled up on the floor just out of direct sight with Ile fussing over him, trying to make him let her touch his wounds. He had been in his beast form since I had been fully conscious. Apparently when I first came to he was still holding me in human form and I started screaming in terror and calling him things that I heard Ile was still trying to assure him I didn't mean. She kept telling him that it was just the drugs making me hallucinate. I didn't know what I had said but if it had hurt him I had damn well meant it. Regardless, he had been forced to leave the room and hadn't come fully into view since. I was surprisingly...relieved that he was in his beast form. It was easier for my mind to handle his presence if he looked like the monster that he was instead of the clean cut man that he pretended to be.

I heard the monster let out a low growl at Ile as she once again tried to treat the gashes that he had self-inflicted. For some reason blood was still oozing out of them even with his werewolf healing speed. I could see where the blood had dripped on the floor.

"This is going to need some stitches." Kyrie's voice stated, grabbing my attention once more as he rummaged through his bag to pull out a cloth wrapped package, a sealed bag with numbers and a medical company name written on the front and a package of sterile gloves that were size eights. He then pulled out a syringe and some sort of bottled medication, drawing some into the syringe.

"This is just a local anesthetic, but it should keep you from feeling the needle as much." he informed me, already moving to insert the needle into my skin, pushing some of the anesthetic in several places. He got everything prepped and washed his hands before putting on the sterile gloves and opening the inner wrap to the suture pack, keeping everything as sterile as possible. As soon as he came toward me with the curved needle the Monster started growling at him. He turned to look at the beast, which had leaned his head around the corner, looking between the sharp instrument in Kyrie's hand and my flesh while snarling his head off.

"Kyrie has to stitch her up or it won't heal. She's human remember?" Ile told the monster in a soothing tone, trying to get him to lie back down. The beast made a whining sound and looked down into his own small puddle of blood that was pooling on the floor before looking back up at Ile.

"If I inject were-blood into her now it will create really bad scarring and could possibly abscess out. If I stitch it up and then give her a small amount  the scarring will be minimal." Kyrie told the monster without really looking at him. The monster whined again but then made a humphing noise before Kyrie dug the needle into my skin to make the first stitch. It felt slightly odd and uncomfortable but it didn't hurt.

The monster whined again and I couldn't keep the scowl off of my face.

"It doesn't hurt so stop whimpering like you actually care." I heard my voice say in a tone that sounded cruel even to my own ears. The monster stopped whimpering and pulled himself further around the corner so that I would not be able to see him at all. Ile stepped into the kitchen and gave me a furious look, like I had just told a little kid that Santa Claus was a serial peeping Tom.

I narrowed my eyes and let Kyrie continue stitching.

                When Kyrie had thrown his last stich, which felt like hours later, he pulled back from the gashes to reveal four even rows of blue colored stitches that looked a lot less threatening than the wounds had been. He gently rinsed the area once more before taking off his gloves and packing his suture kit away.