Chapter 42: Slightly Mad

A/N: Two updates in one weekend? Be amazed my friends. Hopefully you will not think this chapter ends on as much of a cliff hanger as the last one. As always happy reading!

Chapter 42:

I flinched away from him, my eyes growing wide with panic. How could I be so bold one second and then so terrified in the next? I felt like I was going insane.

Maybe I already was.

I couldn’t help my body’s reaction of seeing this side of him. Every time I saw those darker eyes the memory of the pain that I had felt as my flesh had been ripped open and my bones had been crushed shot though me like an electric shock and it was all I could do to keep myself from bolting out of the room.  I think that I would have if he had not been standing close enough to grab at me without moving.

“Mate?” The Beast asked again, its head tilted to the side and its black eyes piercing me like a scalpel blade, sharp and cold.

I couldn’t make my mouth work as I stared back at him. As in before when my mouth would not shut up now it wouldn’t work. The cold look of the Monster narrowed and a growl slipped out of his mouth as he raised his upper lip at me.

“Speak Mate.” He demanded.

“What?” I finally forced my voice respond. It came out as a frightened snap which probably wasn’t a good thing because his frown became more prominent. He took one more step toward me, knocking me back against the counter top while he put his hands on the marble on either side of my hips.

“No more math.” He growled as he ducked his head and pressed his lips to mine.

My whole body clamped down in shock.

The feeling of numbness flushed over me and when his hands left the counter to claim my waist and pull me closer to him I didn’t even really feel it.

He hadn’t kissed me since the day that I had bitten him.

Whereas the kisses he had forced upon me then were rough and claiming this one was different. Whereas last time his kisses let me know exactly what sick and twisted intentions he had for me this one felt simply…calm.

It was if the beast knew I couldn’t deny him, knew that I couldn’t escape him. The beast was relaxed…perfectly confident.

That was more frightening than desperate or demanding.

He broke away from my unmoving lips and leaned his forehead against mine, his dark beast eyes staring into mine with this creepily reassuring expression.

Werewolves monsters were not supposed to be reassuring.

The beast had never looked at me with that expression.

“We cannot change past but we will provide for you Mate.” The beast mumbled against my cheek. His giant thumbs rubbed unwelcome circles on my hipbones. “We will provide for our pups that will grow here. Our family.”

Why the hell did that werewolf bastard have to keep bringing up impregnating me? It really made me want to projectile vomit on him and kick him in the family jewels.

I didn’t though.

Last time I did that he broke my clavicle with his teeth in retribution.

I needed to get away from him. I needed him to let go of me. I needed him to stop being a creepy bastard for at least five seconds in a freaking day. I needed to stop having heart palpitations and find whatever courage that may be hiding behind my right kidney.