Violent Acts

Chapter 17: Violent Acts

I woke up to the sound of my alarm ringing and flopped back into my bed realising that today was Tuesday not Sunday and that I had school.

Great.

I pulled myself out of bed yawning and stretching until I fell on the floor.

The best way to wake up.

I realised I needed to get ready quickly and eat breakfast before it was 7:30, now it was 6:50.

I made my way into the bathroom, brushing me teeth and all that jazz.

Then I hurriedly got dressed picking out some light wash jeans and a grey hoodie before running downstairs.

I brushed my hair and tied it up high into a ponytail.

"Hey Martha what's for breakfast" I said out of breath but also sounding very excited! I had a little time to eat breakfast before going school.

"Pancakes and why do you look like you just ran a marathon" She said smacking my hand with her wooden spoon as I tried to take a pancake.

"I just ran all the way down the stairs" I spoke finally catching my breath.

Martha chuckled as she smacked my hand once again.

"Honey this isn't for you, you eat way too much unhealthy food, grab that apple over there, you're not healthy enough and I have decided you are not allowed chocolate pancakes until you become healthy - so you better start exercising now"

"I don't need to exercise I don't have an ounce of fat on me I don't want to go even thinner than I am, I'll look like a stick" I said pretty much feeling very offended.

"Honey exercising isn't just about loosing weight it's about staying healthy"

Was she saying I'm not healthy?

"Martha!" I screamed in bewilderment.

Yes a little dramatic I know. But what can I say... I'm a diva.

"I am healthy"

"No honey you're not if you keep stuffing yourself with all this junk food before you know it you'll be floating around like a balloon"

Just then a familiar honk made itself known. I looked out the window and saw Nathan waving at me I waved back then looked to Martha once again.

"We're not done with this Martha, " I whispered to her squinting my eyes and taking a huge chunk out of my apple.

"Have fun in school Anastasia" She shouted at me as I put on my white Nike air forces.

I opened the door but before leaving I shouted, "I don't even like your pancakes." Then I shut the door running towards Nathan's car and dropping myself into the seat.

He gave me a funny look.

"What!" I snapped at him as I pulled my hood over my head and slumped down further into the seat.

Nathan raised his eyebrows.

"Why are you eating an apple?" He questioned cautiously as he began to reverse his car.

"Why are you not eating an apple?" I didn't want to tell him that Martha thought I was a fatty.

He raised his hands in surrender.

"Okay, okay." He chuckled.

"You looked beautiful yesterday Tas" What? Where did that come from?