Whispered Converstations

Chapter 8: Whispered Conversations

I am dumb enough to get lost on the way to school.

Randomly driving around, trying to find someone or something that can point me towards the school. But I have no such luck.

I would have called Nathan but I can't because he had to get to school an hour early to continue his missed tests.

What should I do now?

Should I call Hunter? I mean, he did give me his number for this exact reason.

No!

I can't, that would be too embarrassing! His head is already too big anyways, I can't prove to him he was right.

Speaking of being big headed I'm really surprised how modest Hunter is, he's not arrogant or boastful about his looks, which is quite weird for guys his age - I mean compared to the other guys at school.

How did I even get lost? It guess it's beacuse of the stupid radio and it's awesome songs that had me totally lost in another world. I just drove and now I've ended up somewhere I don't recognise. I doubt I've gone that far from school. I can't have. It's practically impossible.

It's beause I don't go out much, so I can't recognise my own town!

After 10 minutes of wrong turns and paedophilic men, I decided to suck it up and call Hunter.

"What?" What a wonderful way to greet someone.

"Hey Hunter, I was wondering have you left for school yet?" I paused

I could practically hear the smile in his voice as he said,

"You got lost on your way to school didn't you?"

"What?" I said dragging the 'a'.

"Pfft no I was just you know, you know what I mean" I stuttered out.

"I don't think I do," He said. Yes he's definitely laughing at me and he sounded so adorably handsome!

"Ok fine, you were right."I admitted

"Oh?" I could hear Hunter chuckling from the other end.

"Where are you?" He questioned.

"Um, near this place" I told him

"Oh yeah, yeah I know that place. It's right near the other place, right?" He said sarcastically.

"Would you mind being a bit more specific?" He said slowly.

"Um, the place is called - uh, one second" I said as I spotted someone walking by.

I pulled down my window to project my voice before I shouted.

"Excuse me?!"

The guy walking across the street looked this way I couldn't make out his face since the sun was blocking my view.

"Anastasia?" Hunters voice came out as a whisper from my phone.

"Oh sorry Hunter I'll just be a moment"

"Hurry up. Can't you just describe where you are, you don't have to talk to strangers." I sighed and quickly replied saying that, "I'll be quick."

When the guy came closer, I noticed it was Jason!

"Hey Jason, right? " He looked confused for a second before he realised it was me.

"Anastasia!" He did not sound as good as Hunter did whilst saying my name. But what does it matter?