Weddings, Dances and Hunter: Part 1

Chapter 15: Weddings, Dances and Hunter (part 1)

It has now been 5 days and there is still no sign of that guy, thankfully. Hopefully this is permanent and not temporary.

I haven't noticed anyone outside or anything strange happening lately, so I'm trying to convince myself that this could be it and I won't have to worry anymore but inside I know that I can't just brush this off. I have to stay alert.

Hunter has been a bit distant lately since he's been too busy worrying and trying to find out who this guy is. I don't blame him because in his point of view this started happening when we became close so he probably thinks it's someone from the gang, he tells me it's a possibility although he highly doubts it - he just doesn't want to take any risks or overlook anything.

I really don't want Hunter to worry.

I got out of my bed, done my morning rituals and ran downstairs once I smelt the tempting scent of Martha's omelet.

I came to a halt once I realised everyone including my parents were already seated at the table.

What?

I tried to hide my surprise but I don't think I did. I can't believe this! I'm so happy, we are having a normal family breakfast.

"Morning" I chirped with a smile

"Good morning Tas" Mom said with a smile of her own.

I sat down and eagerly waited for Martha to bring me my omelet.

"So Tas I was thinking me, you and Dylan could go to the amusement park today and have some bonding time" Dad spoke looking at me with raised eyebrows.

"I would love to but what about mom?" She probably had work to do.

"She has some work to do but tomorrow you and her could spend the day together."

That was more than fine with me so I nodded, finished my food and went back upstairs to get ready. I got dressed in some blue denim jeans and a white shirt.

I can't believe this. Dad actually has time on his hands! I'm so excited, I know today will be the best day ever.

I ran down to see dad and Dylan ready to go.

"Lets go!" I fist pumped the air

We all got into my dads car and drove towards the fair. Once we got there I got out of the car bouncing with excitement.

I love the fair, always have. I'm also a proud adrenaline junkie, so that should be saying something.

"Come on, quick!" I shouted to them.

I was like a kid in a toy store, amazed at what I saw. I didn't know where to start!

I noticed Dylan with a big grin plastered on his face as he was watching me. He knew that I love the amusement park and I haven't been here in decades!

The next three hours went by way too quickly. We had so much fun, well I did but I can't say the same for Dylan who looked like he was about to throw up.

"That was awesome, right Dylan?" I said looking at him with big eyes.

"Uh huh" He said weakly. He looked very sick so I decided to cut him some slack.

I handed him a plastic bag I found in dad's car.

"Open up your window." We were already half way home and dad took the highway so once Dylan opened his window a burger king wrapper that was not exactly empty hit him smack on the face.