Welcome Home

Chapter 12: Welcome Home

"What!" Mom whispered whilst dragging me into the corner of the room.

"I said I'm sorry. It's not my fault my car broke down, again." I tried to convince her.

"You came very late, do you know what time it is? And if your car broke down why didn't you call someone to come and help? You could have atleast sent a text saying you're going to be late." She whispered harshly.

So, I arrived to the party around 10:30. I had to go and sort out my hair and make up again.

Yeah that was the main reason.

"Okay whatever better late then never?" She muttered running a hand down her face, the action reminded me of Hunter.

"Who was that boy you were with?" She said with her hands folded against her chest looking curious.

"He's just a friend who dropped me off." I said nonchalantly.

"And he just had to come in? Why did he come inside? Look at him! He looks like a hooligan. What are people going to think? They are going to think we as a family and business associate with people like that."

"Mom, he's not bad." Why was she overreacting? Oh wait, that's just what she does.

"I know and I'm sorry for being so crude but what are our future business partners going to think." Why was she worrying? Nearly all the important people had already left.

"Mom I forced him inside because I felt bad and I just wanted to grab him a drink from here or something, he didn't invite himself in." I said as I looked towards where Hunter was standing by the door with his hands in his pockets looking so out of place in his all black bad boy attire. It made me smile to see that even though he clearly felt uncomfortable he didn't run away.
She sighed, "ok, well hurry up and get him out of here."

"Oh I forgot! Welcome home, mom!" I squeezed her tightly and she returned with equal force.

With that I left and grabbed a soda from the kitchen in the back.
I tried looking for Hunter but met with some random dude in a tux instead.
"Hey" What does he want? I quite liked his voice actually but I still prefered Hunters raspy voice over this guy's smooth one.

"Hi" I said with a polite smile.

"So you must be Nastasia?" He asked gesturing towards me with his hands.

"Anastasia but you can call me Tas."
I knew he wanted to start a full on conversation which I couldn't hold because Hunter was waiting for me by the door.

"I'm sorry, I'll be back. I just have to deal with something."

I left as soon as he nodded.

I found Hunter waiting by the door. He looked like a bouncer with that deadly serious expression.

"Sorry, my mom bombarded me with a million questions"

He looked towards me and took the cola whilst muttering a thanks.

"Do you even know these people? Why are most of the people here guys, specifically around our age? And who was that kid you were talking to?" He rapidly fired questions at me.

"Woah, ok. Well, I do know some of these people. They are mostly guys because they are my dad's business associates' sons and well they are soon to follow their parents footsteps and will probably join too. And the guy that was talking to me was just a friendly face wanting to make conversation. Probably about the business or something."

"Listen, just be careful and remember you can call me for rides you know. I don't want you going out alone anyways. Especially not looking like that." Hunter gestured with his coke towards my clothes.