(30)

((I actually don't know what to name this chapter. Leave in the comments bellow what you think the name of this chapter should be and I'll choose the most creative ones! At the end of the chapter after I get enough votes, there will be an edited part saying thanks to everyone who pitched in. I'm really sorry for not updating as much as I should. I'm still at Disneyland. So yeah.))

By now, Sans was worried out of his skull too. The brothers had rushed home to tell everyone what happened, and now the entire group was on a search party to look for Frisk. They split into pairs: Papyrus and Sans of course, Asgore and Asriel, Toriel and Chara, and Undyne and Alphys. All of them were spread out all over the city. So far, only Sans and Papyrus were next to the forest where Frisk was before. "No way. There's absolutely no way Frisk could be in that forest, bro." Sans said, turning to his brother. "Can't we at least try, Sans? I just want to make sure." The other skeleton replied. "Pap. Think about it. Why of all Ebott City would Frisk be in the forest?" The smaller asked. "Because it's closest to Mt. Ebott, brother. If it could be any place it would be here. Why wouldn't it be?" Papyrus said, facing the forest once again. Sans thought for a moment. What if she was trying to reset? What if she was trying to find a way to escape them and start it all over again? That was the only reasonable answer to why she would be in this forest, at least at the moment. There's no way that child can ruin all of this, not after he and his brother have been through together. "You know what, Pap. I think you should wait here. I don't want you getting lost trying to find her. At least if I get lost I can just use my shortcuts." He suggested. "What?! Sans no. I'm staying with you. I appreciate the gesture but if you get hurt nobody will be close enough to take care of you. It's not safe to go alone." Papyrus replied. There wasn't much time. He had to do something quick. "Paps. Listen to me. If I tell you everything now you'll only be lost. I can't explain it now, you just have to trust me. I can do this on my own." Sans gently pleaded, grasping his brother's hands in his. "Please.." After a second passed, Papyrus sighed of defeat. "Alright...but you have to promise you'll stay safe, and if you find her, keep her safe." He hugged his brother. "You know I don't like keeping promises bro-" "Sans please..." his grasp becoming tighter. "Ok, Ok..I promise, Paps." Sans then pulled away. "I'll be back later, Paps. Trust me." He said. "Ok then. Stay safe." The taller gave a warm smile, then walked away. Sans nodded. He turned to the forest again and gave out a small sigh. "Here we go..."

It's been about an hour. Frisk finally reached the top of the mountain. She stood at the edge, peering at the city that stood before her, past the forest. "I can't see home at all from here..." she muttered. A small meow was heard behind her. She spun around to see the little cat from before. "Oh! It's you! How did you get up here, little guy? It must've took forever, since you're hurt and all." Frisk said as she slowly approaches the kitty. His small form backs up into a bush, but his big red eyes stayed focused on her, ready to run at almost any second. The child must've noticed, so she knelt on one knee and gestured to the cat. "Hey...it's ok! I'm a nice human and I'm not going to hurt you." She said. The kitty tilted his head and stepped forward a bit. "That's it. You're ok." She gestured once more. Frisk held out her hand to the cat, and he slowly walked to her. He looked at her hesitantly, then he licked her small hand. "Aw! You're so cute." She gushed. "I think I'll call you...Willow. What do you think of that?" She asked the small cat. The cat looked up at her and brushed himself against her. "I'll take that as a yes. Say...do you know the way home? I mean I know it's weird...you probably can't understand me much." She muttered. Just then, the cat scurried off. "Hey! Wait!" She called after the cat. He was gone. "oh well..." she mumbled. Frisk looked up at the night sky. It was filled with bright stars, and the big moon shone in front of her. "I wish I was with them right about now...they must be worried sick." The small human muttered to herself as she gazed at the rising moon.

((I miss my friends, ok? Yeesh...))