(8) Stargazing

The skeletons were sitting on the top of Mt. Ebott where they had first reached the surface. It was night at the time, so the stars and the moon filled the surface with bright light. Looking up into the sky, the shorter held the hand of his lover. "The stars in the sky look so shiny!" he exclaimed as he gazed upon the twinkling dots in the dark. He thought of something that he had heard from the surface that was famous for some humans. The song that he sang to Papyrus in their childhood. Minutes passed and the shorter's smile had faded into sort of a thinking face. When the taller glanced at his brother, he asked Sans "Are you ok?" Sans nodded. "I'm ok Pap. Just thinkin' 'bout something." "What is it?" Papyrus said, a little curious. Sans took a deep breath, looked up into the night sky, and sang softly.
"Let's go in the garden
You'll find something waiting
Right there where you left it lying upside down
When you finally find it
You'll see how it's faded
The underside is lighter when you turn it around..."
Papyrus giggled a little. "That's what you sang to me as a child." He said, letting out a sigh. "I still can't believe it's almost been a year since this all started." The older smiled. "I know right? It only feels like a month ago." He grinned. "Sans?" The older leaned against his brother. "Yeah Pap?" Papyrus' face was dusted bright orange as he looked at the smaller skeleton. "I love you." He said as he gently held his lover's soft hand. "I love you too."

I think this is my favorite chapter so far. It's so cute!! >v<