(2) A Broken Heart

That's when he realized...

The letter was for no other than the star of the underground himself, Mettaton. He was already going to tell Papyrus, but he didn't realize Papyrus had an interest of his own. Sans' eyes filled with disbelief, not realizing that he dropped the letter on the ground. If Papyrus already had a liking of his own, then it means that it was too late for him to tell him that....

He knew liking his brother romantically was wrong, but he couldn't help himself. The more that human reset, the more he realized how much he really loved Papyrus more than a brother.

He was frozen in place.

He was speechless.

He was...heartbroken.

Suddenly, the sound of the front door unlocked and opened, and footsteps were heard walking inside. Sans was too shocked to notice his brother coming to the doorway of his room and seeing Sans standing there. "Sans? What are you doing in my room?" Papyrus called out to his brother. The older quickly turned around, snapping back to reality, glowing blue tears streaming down his face. "Sans...?!" Papyrus ran to him and grasped his brother's shoulders gently. "Sans! What happened to you?! Are you hurt?" Papyrus asked, worried. Sans' pinprick eyes faded away leaving his sockets dark and depressed, filled with tears dripping onto his sweater. He took the smallest of glances at Papyrus, seeing his concerned face. The shorter couldn't even bare to see his brother's face. Even though Papyrus' grip was strong, Sans managed to pull himself from Papyrus' arms and ran out of the room, not saying a word.

"Brother!! Where are you going?!"

Papyrus ran after the shorter down the stairs. Sans ran out of the house, not bothering to close the door behind him.

He ran further away into the forest, hearing the voice of his brother calling out his name, and into the forest. His vision started to get blurry as more and more tears filled his eyes, escaping and falling to the ground. When he reached the edge of the forest, where there was a river, Sans fell to his knees and dropped his head into his arms, crying and hiccuping. There were no sounds heard in he forest. It was completely quiet, no voices of other monster were audible.
Nobody heard him, and he was alone...