(23) Tired...Can't Sleep...

It's dark.

The room is cold.

The poor skeleton couldn't sleep.

He turned to his brother who peacefully dozed off next to him and sighed. He felt envious of his brother who could easily sleep oh-so-happily.  "Guess it's just you and me, huh kid?" he whispered to the child sitting inside him. The skeleton slipped out of bed, planted a small kiss on Papyrus' skull, and put on his hoodie. He snapped his fingers and he zipped to the roof in seconds. As he pulled his hood over his head, he gazed upon the stars that shone above him. He sighed. "Geez....what am I even doing? Why did I even agree to doing this? Of course the kid's gotta reset sometime. I can't get that close to him or else it'll hurt more when she does reset." Tears rolled down his cheekbones as his gaze fell to the roof he sat on.  He looked at his stomach, and for the first time he noticed it started to grow bigger as the child grew. Just then, a bright orange glow emerged behind him. He turned around to see once again, Papyrus. "Wait did he just-" His thoughts were interrupted so suddenly..."Sans...why do I keep finding you in these weird places almost every night? Is there something wrong?" His brother asked. As the shorter walked over to the taller, Papyrus lifted the skeleton's chin and planted a gentle kiss against the other's teeth. "...sorry, Paps..i just-" "Is it your 'reset' thoughts again?" His eye sockets widened. "W...w-what?" The younger's face softened. "Sans do you really think I don't know about these thoughts of yours? You have to tell me these sorts of things so I can help you. I don't want you to be all stressed out about all this." Sans realized his brother's eye was glowing a cold-ish shade of orange, almost giving out a state of worry. "....I never think these things through, Pap. I'm sorry for scaring you." the small skeleton muttered. "I forgive you, Sans. You really need to be more careful about how you feel, especially when our child is at stake with all of this." He then felt his brother's arms smoothly wrap around his waist and gently pull him closer. As their teeth came together with a soft clank, it seemed as if everything felt better. Then, Pap slowly pulled away. "You feeling any better?" He asked the other. "Heh...never been better, bro." The shorter skeleton replied. Papyrus then lifted his brother off the ground and teleported them back to their room. "You never told me you could do that too, Pap." Sans whispered. "Well...I don't use it much. You're the one who uses it more often since you're more lazy out of the two of us." The other whispers back. He then sets his brother down on the bed and lay down next to him. "Night, baby carrot."
"Good night, my sweet little blueberry."

((I'm not dead I swear. I'm almost done with the special chapter, but until then, here's a little chappie for you all. It's weird cuz it's midnight as I'm posing this but..well...

The nicknames came from a conversation between my rp bro (Sans) and a very special Papyrus he rps with on YouTube. I swear to you all that the wedding will come soon! Cross my heart!

Meanwhile, go check out some other cool stories like "Playable Pleasure" by @NeonWrittenDreams, "Two Puns Are Better Than One" Fontcest by @FlamingFlower, Sick At Heart" by TwistedTricks1