(4) His Love

In the forest, next to a river, Sans was crying, more than he ever did in his whole entire life. He was completely heartbroken from what happened and was still trying to take it in, if he could, that is. One thing that secretly made Sans calm down was singing. He's never told anyone about it, not even Papyrus, or that lady from the door. He enjoyed it more than ever. So, to try and calm himself down, he started singing...

Footsteps rang through the forest as a red scarf flowed in the wind. "Come on, Sans. Where are you...?"

Sans kept singing until he heard a rustling noise and stopped in his tracks. He quickly turned around to see who was there. He leaned in closer to make sure nobody was there.

But when he did, he saw a flash of red and white, staring at him. Sans realized it was no other than Papyrus.

His brother stepped out from behind the tree he was hiding behind of and took a step towards Sans. "Sans...I didn't know you could sing like that" Papyrus said to Sans, surprised. "...i-i...." Papyrus was at a loss for words. He had never heard him sing before, and nevertheless so beautifully. When he gazed at his brother, he had a blush of blue on his face.

Papyrus took a deep breath. "Sans..is this whole thing because of that letter...? Because of all that stuff in it, the letter was just some stupid dare from Undyne."

Sans was dazed and felt stupid for thinking the letter real. But he thought to himself, what kinda dare was that??He was still a little hiccup-y from crying, but he still managed to speak.

"p-pap....i-i'm sorry...i thought that you...y-you...meant it....cuz of all the thought in the l-letter...i...i'm sorry for running away like that. i didn't e-even give you a chance to talk or explain..." he kept rambling until Papyrus sighed and hugged Sans. "Why were you even crying and running away like that anyway? You've never acted like that before."

Sans' face turned blue again and quickly pulled away from the hug. "p-pap...i...."

Sans didn't know if he should do it or not. He wanted to say it, but what if papyrus says no because they're brothers? He knew it was socially frowned upon. For a very long time, Sans had developed feelings for his brother. Papyrus' smile, his personality, everything about him, Sans loved. He just didn't know if his brother felt the same way.

"Sans...?" The smaller skele looked up at his brother, his face looking slightly worried. "Papyrus...if i tell you this, do you promise not to get mad?" Sans' voice was shaky. "Of course Sans. Why would I be mad? I'm your brother, i would never get mad at you, (unless its a pun...)" Papyrus gave his brother a warm smile. "Papyrus..." Sans started. "Yes...?" The younger's innocent eyes looked back at him.

"i l-love you...n-not just the way brothers do, but...so much more than that. i haven't exactly told you this because i've always been s-so nervous or i just don't have the time because your always so busy..." Papyrus had an orange blush on his face and was speechless. "S-Sans I-" the older sighed. "....it's fine if you don't feel the same way, Papyrus....I..just..."

Though he was surprised, Papyrus crouched down so that he was eye level with his brother. He reached his hand out and gently placed his hand on Sans' face.

"I-I'm...I'm not mad at you, Sans. Not at all. The truth is...I love you too." Sans' eyes widened. "W-wha...P-Paps.. r-really?!" Sans choked out. He felt like he was going to cry again, this time with happiness. "Y-yes brother." Silence filled the air for the smallest of moments smiled at each other as they didn't know what to say.

Just as Sans came up with a pun to tell him, he was interrupted by Papyrus pulling his brother into a kiss. It was a well attempted one, considering skeletons don't even have lips.

When they pulled away, Sans hugged his brother as tight as he could. "i love you Papy. y-you have no idea how much this means to me." Papyrus hugged back. I love you too Sans. I'm glad I made you happy."

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS IM SCREAMING OMG!! *whEEEzzee* i have no words to explain how much i'm fangirling omg

wait why am i fangirling over my own story?

Top 10 questions scientists still can't answer..