Next Day (Roar;) 14

Next Day

Three weeks.

For three weeks, I have been battling with death.

For three weeks, my eyes have been closed off from the light as I laid in darkness.

For three weeks, my body and mind have depended on his decision.

Let me die.

Or let me live by excepting me as his mate.

~~~~~~~~~~~•

A warm hand, grasped mine. Warming my numb and frozen palm with love and affection. Something soft and faintly wet, brushed against my finger tips and a sigh threatened to escape my mouth. However, even if I wanted to open my eyes and see who this person was, my body would not allow it. So I was stuck with simply imaging what was actually happening.

But imagination can only go so far....

Before I was sucked into the black abyss once again. My name was being called and it rang in my ears. However, the sound was slowly drifting away.

(Sam's POV)

I was losing her.

My eyes widened as her heart monitor turned into a straight line. The alarm, bringing tears into my eyes as I screamed out her name. The nurses franticly, grabbed both of my arms and dragged me out of the room as the doctor was ushered inside. My back collided with the wall, and I slowly slid down onto the ground. Numbness, pervading through out my limbs.

Looking up at the ceiling, I whispered,

"Luna, please. Don't take her from me. Her laugh, the hidden smiles, the pranks were all cover ups. I love her, but I knew I should have told her the truth. But that is my sin, not hers. She deserves to be living along side the one she loves, even if that is not me."

Guilt hung over me like a cloud, it was my fault. The truth is, I was never going to have a mate. I felt the connection snap before I was able to meet her. That's why I hid my feelings for Rayne, in order to allow her to live in happiness with her mate. But it seems as if, my affections are nothing but a burden.

Turning my phone open, I dialed my arch enemy's number. Even though I felt a twist in my stomach at the very thought of seeing his face here. She was in here because of him but he may be the only one who can help after all. The phone rang three times before I was greeted with a brusque tone,

"What?"

Letting out a sigh and forcing out my kindling hatred I gritted,

"Your mate is dying, so why aren't you here?"

Before I could chew him out any longer, the doors opened and revealed the most stupid person on earth.

Cole. Cue the applause. He actually got off his fu-

"Where is she?!"

Looking back at her room, I swallowed a lump in my throat when I heard a low beeping sound. Completely ignoring the woman-thief, I ran inside with a grin on my face. But that soon turned into confusion as I sniffed the air and met her soft eyes.

(Rayne)

Feeling like I was hit by a shovel, I spit out a couple of chosen words before forcing my eyes open. And nearly shrieking as they hit the blinding, white light.

A strong scent, made me widen my eyes in disbelieve.

There stood Cole and Sam, but the problem was,

I couldn't tell which one is my mate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~•

Hi cans!

Plz comment and tell me who should be her mate?

Should I soften Cole up or make her be with Sam?

vote, comment, follow