Chapter 24 (Roar;)

Chapter 24

Leaves cracked under my paws, but my tiger pushed forward. My body flared with pain at every move and if I was in human form, tears would be staining my cheeks. Rain fell down on my fur like ice pellets and the wind was becoming fierce.

I didn't know where we were going or when we would get there. But right now, distance is what I needed most. His cruel face was like a broken record in my mind and I knew that this was the end for me and him. At this point, even our friendship is like a forgotten memory. There is no one to blame but myself, I made him this way. Even when I was cheated on by my first mate I don't think the pain was this severe.

My claws dug into the mud beneath me and the rain was beginning to get even stronger. I could feel the disgust and irritation that the rain was making my tiger feel. After all, a tiger is part of the feline family. On the look out for a warm place, I finally spotted what looked like a cave. Knowing that a cave would most likely not be found anywhere close to where I lived, I knew that my tiger has probably taken me farther away than I expected. I guess that's what I get for not shifting for years...

Approaching the entrance, my paws desperately tried to flick off the rain that clung to my fur with no results. At the moment, I probably resembled an over grown, drowned cat.

Underneath the roof of the cave, the grown was fairly dryer and even a little warmer than outside. I debated turning back but quickly shot down the idea when a scent reached my nose.

Rouge.

I couldn't describe the feeling coming from my tiger at that moment. She was with me of course when my parents...

Fear and anger gripped my heart, I didn't know if this was going to be a rouge I knew or simply one passing by. My hackles raised up as anxiety filled my limbs. Nearing the entrance, a mangled gray wolf with piercing eyes came into view. I flashed my canines in warning but he simply stepped inside the cave with no more than a mere glance.

Curling into a ball, he deemed me of no danger and proceeded to fall asleep. My tiger and I were still on edge and a little riled up over his blunt disrespect. Against my better judgement, my eyes started to droop and I found myself curling into a ball. Falling asleep on my own wet fur.

To be honest, I have no idea what just happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this took so long! I was having a writers block and trust me, she will not magically have a third mate. Two was enough for her lol.

Comment, vote and f4f!