Next Day (Roar;) 29

Chapter 29

My arm screamed in protest when I attempted to lift myself up off the hospital bed. Disoriented and clearly confused, I desperately tried to think of what had happened, only to pull a blank. White, pristine walls, surrounded me like a bad scene out of a horror movie. Dace was crouched over the side of the bed sporting multiple bruises.

What the hell, did I kick his ass?

Looking down at my arm the was throbbing with pain, I noticed the bloody bandage and was instantly furious.

Werewolf or not, you don't bite a women.

Ripping a useless IV from my opposite hand, I grabbed the pillow used to sit me up. Using my aching leg muscles, I kicked him off the corner of the bed and watched as he smacked into the marble floor.

"WHAT THE F-"

Before he could finish, I was straddling his torso, attempting to stuff a full size pillow down his throat. "Didn't your mother ever tell you not to curse in front of a lady!? I can't believe you bit my arm?!"

Fury flashed through his eyes as he ripped me off his body and took the pillow out of his mouth, hoarsely coughing. "ME?! IT WAS THAT SAD EXCUSE OF AN ALPHA YOU LOVE!" he screamed, narrowing his eyes and getting to his feet.

Scrambling off the floor, I held in a scream when I accidentally used my injured arm. Rubbing my temples in frustration, I sat onto the bed again and soon, blurry images started to appear.

(Flashback)

Dace lunged himself at Cole, aiming for his throat. Cole retaliated by painfully shifting and baring his canines at the opponent.

Claws, teeth, and blood, erupted from the bloodthirsty frenzy. My feet were stuck to the ground as I gaped in horror when a piece of fur was ripped off.

I didn't think, I reacted.

Throwing myself in front of my angry ex mate when he went in for the kill shot, managing to sacrifice my arm in the attack. Dace turned to me I horror when he registered the look of agony on my face.

Alpha bites from a werewolf was not exactly healthy for a tiger shifter but I would survive. I barely registered the screaming of my name as I drifted into dark bliss.

(End of Flashback)

Eyeing the pillow on the ground slightly damp from saliva, I looked back at Dace with a grin. "Thanks but at least I got to shut you up with the pillow. I've always wanted to try that..."

The door burst open and the nurse gasped in shock when she spotted Dace's spiteful glare and the missing IV, to the damp pillow. Keeping her gaze on Dace, she slowly walked towards the reinforcement button. "Ok sir but I am just going to have to warn you, violence is not tolerated in this hospital, nor is harming a patient."

His eyes widened and he gaped, looking back before me and him in confusion. "What are you-", He started, only to get a panicked answer back, "I'LL GET THE MONEY, KILL HER NOT ME, I HATED THIS JOB ANYWAY! BYE!" The door slammed behind her, leaving us in confusion before the Doctor showed up.

"I apologize for the newbie, she was being a hypocrite and thought you were harming Mrs..."

"You can call me Raine, just Raine."

Nodding his head in confirmation, he started writing down stuff on his clipboard before putting his glasses on and walking over to me. Cautiously eyeing the torn out IV, he sighed in annoyance before quietly asking me questions on what I remember and the pain I felt.

Dace was unusually silent through out the process and when the doctor left, his glare was pinned on me. "How could that douchebag be your mate?" Rolling my eyes I muttered," Sorry, I don't exactly have the Fates on speed dial, so I couldn't ask for a refund."

Scoffing at the sarcastic remark, he rubbed a hand down his face and let out a sigh before walking towards the door. "He has been outside the entire time you have been knocked out. Refusing to leave your side until you woke up. Should I let him in?"

"I'm sorry, tell him to invest into a new Taylor Swift album and listen to We Are Never Getting Back Together."

Letting out a chuckle, Dace pinned his eyes on me and blinked dramatically,

"I remember when we broke up..."

------------------
Hi cans!
Yeah, the Cole train has left the station a long time ago. Sorry for those that liked him!

Cheaters never win.
Vote, Comment and f4f!