Chapter 20

so I wasn't going to post anything for till at least the next week but I had this sudden urge to write something up for you all.

anyway, i read some comments in the earlier chapters that Riley's parents were alive or something. They are dead guys. I have mentioned about the DNA/blood test already in that chapter. I hope this confusion is cleared up.

So the song for this chapter would be "Wind" bu FTIsland. (yes i listen to korean music, and any hate comments will be kindly deleted.)

so enjoy the beauty known as Lee Hong Ki 

Alec's POV

For the last three days, all Riley did was sleep in my arms and eat food. She rarely spoke and always gave short answers or simply nodded. It was starting to scare me because she was spacing out a lot and always had this look on her face that she was in some faraway place.

No matter how much I asked her what was on her mind, she refused to answer or simply ignored me.

"Le, do you want to know more about your parents?" I asked her hesitantly on the last day of her heat. The pain was mild and her appetite was slowly coming back.

She looked at me with an indecisive look and I wondered if I asked the question too soon.

You should've let her heal a little more, Dylan chided me. He was on the edge since he couldn't understand what he could do to make his mate feel better.

"Maybe later, Alec. Right now I just want to forget all of this. You being a werewolf, this whole place seems just so unfamiliar now and m-my parents.." Riley choked a little, "I don't think I can handle it right now."

I nodded, understanding that right now she just wanted some peace of mind and not think about all the painful things. "I'm sorry. It's too soon, isn't it?"

She just nodded and seemed to drift off in her thoughts again. I wondered what was eating her. Before I could question her, Jamie mindlinked me. Hey Alpha, can I come to meet Luna for some time? My wolf keeps on telling me her Luna needs her right now.

I smiled at how protective her pack was of her already and she wasn't even linked to them. Let me ask Riley first.

"Hey Le?"

"Hmm?" was her simple response.

I frowned at how weak she seemed right now. Maybe Jamie could help her cheer up. "Do you want to meet Jamie for a while?"

She looked at me and contemplated for a few seconds and then gave a slight nod. I smiled softly at her and gave her a small kiss on her forehead. Jamie, you come for some time but not too long. She's still in some pain but it's not as bad as before.

Yes, Alpha. Jamie replied cheerfully.

"Hey Alec?" Riley called out softly. "After th-this thing is over, can we go to meet my parents?"

My heart clenched in pain. Was this what she kept thinking about? Here I was thinking she might reject me but my mate was simply mourning over her parents' death. I was such a selfish mate. My wolf howled at how he had been so cruel and didn't think about her pain.

"I mean," she continued, looking at me with a slight defensive look taking my silence for judgment, "I've been back home for a while and didn't visit them yet. I kept thinking about it but I ju-just didn't know what-"

"Hey, you don't have to explain anything Le. We'll go visit them as soon as your heat it over." I said pulling her closer to me trying to ease her pain. Or maybe it was my guilt.

I felt that when she was in my arms I could take all her pain away and bear it myself. Maybe someday she would freely tell me about how she felt. I wanted to know everything about her; her sorrows, her giggles, her worries, everything. But I knew with the whole wolf thing, it would take quite a while for her to come around.

I heard the front door to Rachel's house open and heard Jamie talk to Rachel about giving Riley some company to cheer her up.

"Hey Le, Jamie's here. Do you want me to leave you both alone for some while?" I asked her wondering if I should leave them both alone.

"For some time, but don't be away for too long." She said in a quiet voice, her cheeks coloring red.

My wolf and I bathed in her need for us. The mate bond might be there for me, but for Riley it just slightly more than an attraction, so knowing that she wanted to spend more time with me, made my heart soar because she was starting to fall in love with me.

I kept this information to myself and bit my cheeks from preventing a smug smile and further embarrass her. "Sure. I'll be back in an hour."

She gave me a small nod and just then Jamie knocked on the door. "Alpha, Luna, may I come in?"

Riley's face scrunched cutely in confusion and I smiled at her. "She means us. I'm the alpha and you're my mate which makes you the Luna to our pack."

She nodded in understanding and pulled away from our close embrace running a hand through her hair. "Come in Jamie."

Jamie came in and her brown eyes lighting up in happiness seeing her Alpha and Luna together. We, as werewolves, functioned best when are leaders were happier. It was ingrained in us and I remember feeling the same way with my parents.

"I got you some painkillers the doctor sent in case the pain was uncontrollable." Jamie said, lifting the brown bag she had.

Thanks Jamie I mindlinked her, showing my appreciation.

Jamie nodded at me and smiled at Riley. "So, want to eat ice cream and watch some stupid, crappy, romantic film that'll make me puke?"

Riley just chuckled lightly and said, "As long as it's not on me, and I don't have to clean the mess."

"Okay Alpha, time for the big bad wolf to leave." Jamie said cheekily. Riley giggled at the obvious pun. She had a bad sense of humor to find Jamie funny.

I rolled my eyes, and gave Riley a kiss on her cheek before leaving her alone with Jamie.

Even though I didn't want to leave, I knew riley needed some time alone to think the whole thing through and maybe even talk to Jamie about it. I wonder if Riley will ever be able to accept me and my pack as hers. 

**************

So how was it guys? hopefully you guys liked it. 

Anyway, the heavy stuff will come later. Riley found out about her parents a few days ago. So i think she's going to need some time to understand and recover. 

hope you guys are doing great and had a good day!

lots of love, Bea.