Chapter 16

Hey guys!

I know, I Know. I hate me too!

But here's a new chapter! I have a lot on my plate right now! And I had to wait till I wrote. I didn't want to write a shitty chapter for y'all! Hopefully this is good enough!

Dedicated to @PennameWriter Because I had a nice time talking to her!

Riley Chance's POV.

It has been nearly two days now but Nick still hasn't manned up and left. I mean they're just a couple of bruises.

I don't understand why now of all times, when I'm finally happy, would someone come and try to ruin it. It sounds like a typical daily soap or a very cheesy and unoriginal book.

But I've been spending more time with Alec, and my heart isn't mine anymore. Everytime I see him, my heart goes into overdrive. Everytime he speaks, I get lost in his deep baritone. It's scary because I've never fallen this hard. I don't think I have ever fallen for anyone.

It's very scary. Knowing that he holds some part of me. It makes me feel slightly vulnerable.

Anyway, my shift had just gotten over and Jamie and I were leaving. Alec and his younger brother, Nate, who's dating Jamie, were taking us on double dates. We're going to the next town, at some posh Italian place called Emilia.

"Umm, Jamie?" I asked hesitantly.

Jamie looks at me, while we're leaving The Inn, "Yes?"

"I was wondering... If you maybe, I don't know, wanna get dressed together?" I winced at how desperate I sounded.

Jamie laughed at me, making me feel embarrassed. "Aww, Riles, you actually thought you were going to get dressed alone?"

"Umm..." I started awkwardly.

"You make me laugh, Riles." Jamie laughed, "You're my girlfriend. I am always going to help you get dressed."

My heart sored in happiness. I've never had a girlfriend before. "Aww, Jamie. That means alot to me. "

Jamie smiled at me. "Okay. That's enough. This too mushy for me." She said as she shoved me playfully.

"okay." I Said, "By the way, what about your clothes?"

Jamie gave me a look, "Did you really think I was going to come without my dress? Gosh, Riles, They're in my car. let's go."

I nodded and followed her to truck. "Wasn't this the truck that would never break?" I asked cheekily remembering the first time we had gone to the club.

She blushed. "Well, impossible is nothing." and opened the door.

"Poor Nick." I snorted while sitting in. "He has to deal with you."

I had expected Jamie to laugh or tease Me, but I heard a low growl leave her throat. My eyes widened as I saw her brown eyes turn slightly black as her grip on the steering wheel tightened.

"Jamie?" I asked as I placed a hand on her arm.

She immediately relaxed and her eyes turned brown again. "Huh?"

"Are you fine?" I asked worried. "Your eyes just turned black, Jamie. And you growled."

Jamie gave me "are you okay?" look. "What are you talking about Riles? How can my eyes change colour? And growl? I'm not some wild animal or anything." Jamie said with a nervous laugh.

I was still skeptical. There was something wrong with the people in this town. Before we had gone to the club, no one ever paid me any attention when I went to local store to buy stuff. Now, everyone literally stares at me as if Angelina Jolie.