Chapter 21

Hello, you amazing people. 

Here's another chapter for you all! 

Hope you guys like it! Please leave your reviews!

The song for this chapter is : Too Much by Sandeul and Gongchan from B1A4.

Be amazed by them vocals y'all.

************

Riley's POV

As Alec left the room and Jamie came in, I instantly felt relief, but also my heart longed for him. It was strange how I finally felt like I could breathe because I got some space yet suffocate from longing.

Everything was overwhelming. Werewolves, mates, heat, my parents.

Oh my parents, my soul and I both were crushed at the reality of their death. My heart kept breaking every time I thought about them and the cruel fate bestowed on them.

"Hey Luna!", Jamie said softly. I think she could feel that I was claustrophobic, trapped in my mind. Her cheerfulness simmered a little when I weakly smiled at her. I think it looked more like a grimace.

Everything felt too tough at the moment.

"Hi Jamie." I whispered back, as I gestured for her to accompany me on the bed.

Jamie gently took a seat on the edge of the bed. "So, heat sucks, right?"

I nodded in my head in agreement, "It's the absolute worst."

Jamie gave me a cheeky smile and teased, "That's because you didn't get to have fun."

I blushed at her implication and gave her a playful glare. "Shut up!"

"Oh, my Luna is so mature!" Jamie retorted while showing her tongue.

I laughed lightly, before something struck me, "Don't go around calling me Luna. Just call me Riley."

Jamie immediately shook her head, as her eyes lowered in apology. "I'm sorry, but I can't do that Luna. Calling you Luna is something my wolf wanted to do for a long time! It's a sign of respect in our species and I will never disrespect my Luna."

There was something in her tone that spoke of her resilience. As if nothing I said would change her mind. But right now I didn't need a wolf, I just needed my friend.

"Please Jamie," I began, desperation soaking my words. "a-all of this feels too much. It's happening too fast. With the wolves, mates, my parents. Everything. I don't want a pack member, but my friend."

Jamie vehemently shook her head in disagreement, "Sorry Luna, but it-"

"Please Jamie, I really need something that feels normal." I begged as I looked down at my hands, noticing they were shaking. I tried to make a fist hoping they would stop, but it didn't help.

I felt Jamie stare at my hands and let out a sigh. "Okay Lu- Riley."

I looked at her with a look of gratefulness. "Thanks."

Jamie handed me some pills, "These will help with the pain for a while."

I took the pills from her hand and a bottle of water kept on bedside table, and quickly swallowed the pills, hoping the dull pain would subside.

"So, do you want me to explain anything to you?" Jamie asked with a hopeful look on her face. Her green eyes sparkled with excitement, in what I thought was finally being able to talk to me more openly.

I didn't want to talk about werewolves yet, but seeing Jamie with obvious eagerness painted on her face, I asked her, "Alec said something about my parents being Alpha and Luna of some pack?"

Jamie nodded and said, "Oh yeah! Your parents were the leaders of the BlueMoon Pack. In packs, we have a hierarchy. At the top, there is the Alpha and his mate, the Luna. Then the second in command is the Beta, that's Nate, and me, his Beta Female. We usually assist the Alpha's in working the park."

I nodded in understanding. "So the Alpha usually does the pack security work and all that?"

"Yea, that and working the accounts, training the pack members, maintaining peace with other packs." Jamie explained.

"So what does the Luna do?" I asked. It seemed almost everything was taken care by the alpha.

"Oh the Luna has the tougher jobs. She has to maintain peace within the pack, which arguably is tougher that interpack peace, look over the food supplies, keep the elders informed about the pack, and a lot more." Jamie grinned. "An Alpha can't run a pack without his Luna."

I felt responsibilities suddenly hit me with full force. I wouldn't be able to handle this. I was a human. I didn't think I could do this. I wasn't what any of them wanted or needed. Alec needed someone better than me. I couldn't stand by his side.

I felt Jamie shift closer and put a hand on my shoulder, shaking me from my thoughts. "It must feel like a lot piling on you, but believe me, you aren't alone. The previous Luna, Alec's mum, will guide you and all the pack members already feel happy knowing they have such an amazing Luna."

"They don't even know me!" I exclaimed, "How can the feel happy?"

Jamie shook her head, her eyes faraway. "It's the bond. Even though you've not met the pack yet, we all feel this bond to you. Our wolves feel this sense of security cover us knowing the missing piece is set in place."

It felt warm, knowing that I was the reason someone felt complete. "I didn't know that."

Jamie took my hands in her hands, and looked at me with fierce determination. "Your pack is with you now Riley. You are the lifeline that makes us closer to each other. And we will protect you with everything in us."

I felt my eyes water, as I suddenly felt love and adoration in my chest. As if a hundred bells were ringing of the intimate love a family felt. My heart felt fuller in a second, my soul complete.

It is our pack. They protect us with their love. My inner voice spoke.

"Hey Jamie, can I ask you something weird?" I asked hesitantly. This inner voice I had weren't my thoughts. It was as if there was someone else in my head. I didn't know how to explain what it was. It felt like a part of me but yet not me.

Jamie nodded.

"I keep hearing this voice in my head." I stared, "It's not my thoughts, but somehow it's still me. I sound like a crazy person right? But I don't know what it is. I feel like this voice will never guide me wrong and that it will always stay here."

Oh god, I sounded like someone out of the looney bin.

I chanced a look at Jamie, hoping she doesn't judge me, but I see her stare at me in wonder and curiosity. "Riley, I'm not really sure what I'm thinking is correct, but I think we need the Alpha to call the elders."

What was wrong with me? Why did we need to call the elders?

I see Jamie's eyes glaze, just like I had seen Alec do that a few times. As if on cue, Alec burst inside the room, his eyes worried yet there was a speck of curiosity and... hope?

**************

So guys,  I think most of guys know what's going to happen. But of course there will be a few twists. Anyway, please leave your comments!

I will try to update as soon as possible!

Can we try for 50 Votes on this chapter?

Vote. Comment. Share. 

Lot's of love,

Bea