Chapter 8

Dedicated to @Fireheart101 because she's one heck of an author and one of my favourites!
Read her book The Princess's Mate and fall in love with Jake and Faith! Ooh and not to forget Zach!♥

Riley Chance's POV

" I am such a pathetic mate!" Alec murmured in my ear, which caused mt to shiver. He was hugging me as if his life depended on it. But his statement caused my heart to fall. Mate? Am I only a friend to him?

Then why did he kiss me? Why would he lead me on? Why did he pretend to like me?

I know, it was because Jamie must have thought she was cupid and tried to set us up. Because there was no way someone as handsome, caring, sweet, and hot as him would want to go out with someone of likes of me.

The thought made my heart hurt as if someone was driving a stake through it. Why did he affect me like this? I've been through many rejections but it still didn't hurt me as bad as he did. Why couldn't I be prettier or sexier or anything better than what I already am?

I can't believe a guy whom I didn't even know two days ago was affecting me like this. I was better than this. I don't need a guy to make me happy. I was going to earn some money and move back home. Move back to my New York.

I pulled out of his embrace and steadied myself. " Thanks Alec, but I want to go home now. '' I said in a voice devoid of emotions. I shouldn't have let him lead me on like this. I had a plan and I sure as hell was going to stick to it.

His face scrunched in confusion as he stared at me trying to see what suddenly happened. Why would he even care about me?

"Is that what you really want, Riley? '' He asked me. His voice was so welcoming that I just wanted to wrap myself into his embrace, and breath in his heavenly cologne.

"Yeah. I'm really very tired and I want to sleep. So, can we leave now? ''I asked mustering up a weak lie that I knew he could read through. I wasn't the best liar in the world, but I had to try.

He looked at me for a second, but his expression said he knew I was lying to him. "Sure. Lets go. ''

He took my hand in his, but I immediately removed it because it only increased those sparks and feelings I felt, and I sure as hell didn't need to feel like that. I just met the guy, for pete's sake and I already had a thing for him. I was just pitiful.

"Are you okay, Le? ''

"Ye-yes. I just want to go home. '' I lied. I couldn't stand to see his ethereal face. It just hurt in an unexplainable way. People might think I've gone crazy, but it does hurt. And the worse thing, I don't know why.

"Are you sure? '' He asked again.

Do you know that moment, when you're trying to control your anger and/ or tears and some asshole just has to ask 'Are you okay?' And then you start to cry rivers-no, oceans- and look like a freak?

Well that's what happened.

"Do you not get the fact that I want to be alone? Oh God, why do you even care? You don't even like me! Just stay away from me! I've dealt with enough people who don't give a rat's ass about me and I really don't want another one, okay? So just leave me alone! '' I screamed, as I gave Alec a shove and turned around and decided to walk away.

I saw that we had gathered quite a few eyes towards us, staring at Alec and I, probably to churn some new gossip. I hated people like them.

But before I could move even one more step away from Alec, he caught my hand. I figured it was him because no sooner did he touch me than my body began to tingle.

He began frantically walking out of the fair, and pulling me in tow, a bit roughly too, which caused people to stare at us with judging eyes.

He took me to the parking lot and pushed me against his car.

His muddy brown eyes had darkened with anger, and his body was shaking furiously. He was taking in deep breaths, obviously trying to control himself. His eyes penetrated mine, with an emotion I couldn't make out, and he smashed both his hands, on either side of my head, on the car.

"You think that I don't care about you? That I don't like you? And that I will be willing to stay away from you? '' He all but growled. His hot breath blew right in my face and if we weren't in this situation, I probably would have been putty in his hands.

I was about to lie, but I knew that he would see right through it. So I told him the truth.

"Y-yes.''

He stared at me for a moment, before he slammed his lips onto mine.

It was like everything in me had exploded, and all I could think of was his lips. He was moving his lips against mine roughly, making me moan in his mouth. He cupped my face, as he began sucking on my lower lips, and he bit it. I groaned. He was so fucking tasty.

I looped my arms around his neck, bringing him closer as I began kissing him back with the same vigor. I pushed my pussy against his penis and began rubbing against it mercilessly trying to get rid of the ache between my legs, which was only increasing.

He groaned, and damn, was that the sexiest sound I had heard in my life. His hands travelled to my ass, as he squeezed them and pushed me up. I immediately wrapped my legs around him, and my hands moved up and down his back.

He pulled away, which caused me to whimper but I immediately stopped, when I felt his lips on my neck. His lips attacked my neck so angrily, that I moaned.

He was kissing, sucking and bitting my neck and I let out moan after moan. I didn't want him to stop. I was under his spell, and I sure as hell didn't want to break from it.

His pace began to slow down and he just placed light kisses on my neck.

Satisfied from his art, he pulled away and pecked my swollen lips before placing his forehead on mine.

"I believe that removes any doubts about me not caring about you or liking you or leaving you. ''

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Hey guys! You people are so awesome!

Anyway, I know it's a small chapter. But I wasn't planning on updating for atleast 3 days. So, I want you to know that I did it just for you guys!

Anyway, I'm near 5k+ reads and 200+ votes, which is fucktastic!

Anyway vote, comment and follow! ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥