Chapter 1

Thank you for taking aside some time to read this book with a cliché title. I hope you guys like it.

Anyway, don't try to copy my work because that is an offence punishable by law.

And if you find that someone has copied my work please inform me.

Also, please don't advertise your story in the comments section. And I don't do follow for follow. I wouldn't mind story requests but please PM me, okay?

This is the edited version ( thanks @LamieLamIngrid ).

*** Kindly put your playlist here***

Happy reading

**********~.~**********

Riley Chance's POV

"Nick, don't be an idiot! Who's going to pay my half of the rent if I leave?" I yelled at the now shut mahogany door that stood between the one place I had ever been close to calling home.

"I'll manage." Was the only response I got through the stupid door that kept me from killing my boyfriend, sorry my ex boyfriend.

Nick.

The A-hole.

He was one of those self indulgent takers who took all of their problems out on others - Great, I just quoted a Taylor Swift song lyric. But Nick seriously has a case of idiocity, he'd party like it's the end of the world and drink his weight in Vodka too. Trust me that was alot too. He is one of those I'm-too-good-for-anyone and had this aura of superiority or so he thought.

All in all, a complete waste of space.So why date him?

Well, I needed a place to crash. I know, it's quite slutty and all, but living in New York wasn't a piece of cake.

But I'm not a gold-digging hoe. I paid rent, always on time, cleaned the house, did the laundry, cooked food. I was like a full time maid and Nick made sure to squeeze me of all my energy with his never ending demands.

But, I've never slept with him or anyone in that case. I still had my virginity at twenty two and I was damn proud of it.

And that's what he wanted.

That's where I drew the line.

I wasn't going to sell myself to him just for a place to crash.

"Where the fuck am I supposed to go then?" I yelled as I pulled on the strap of my backpack getting stern looks from the seventy plus nosy neighbours, who kind of reminded me of my grandma, for my clean vocabulary.

"Does it seem like I give a rat's ass?" He yelled from the house. I was so angry at him that I kicked the stupid pot which had some stupid flower inside it because of Nick's stupidity and started walking to God knows where.

It wasn't fair, I wasn't ready for an intimate relationship.

I just got out of fashion school and wanted to start my own range of shoes. I just loved designing shoes. It made me happy. It gave a sense of power to wear shoes that are fashionable but comfortable.

But let's focus on the matter at hand. Where on Earth was I supposed to go?Leah? She was my sorta friend with whom I'd party and get wasted and she is a bitch, so that option was cancelled.

I don't even have enough cash to pay rent for an apartment all by myself. I worked as a waitress and took up small jobs here and there to pay my half of the rent. I had no friends I could turn to, because out here it's survival of the fittest.I sat on the bench in saw on the pavement and put my face in my palms.