Chapter 11

Hey guys!

Dedicated to @Catania_Styles  cause she leaves awesome comments! ♥

Okay, so I'm sorry for the late update. Lots of things happened over Christmas and New years. Like, my cousin Kaden got engaged, my grandma fell and twisted her leg  real bad! And my other cousin Sharon had a miscarriage and she was really depressed, so we all cousins went over to her place and tried cheering her up. So like I said, lots of stuff happened.

Anyway, I have a bit of girl drama too! So that took up my time, and it's still not sorted. So, read the Author's note at the end, and give me some advice.

Happy Reading!

Alec Woods' POV

It's been three days since I took Riley to Arden's point (A/N : I've made it up, so just go with it.) and asked her to be my girlfriend. Albeit, I already considered her something more than a “girlfriend’’ I had to ask her because I knew she was human and she wouldn’t like this twilight zone.

I had to leave the next day, at dawn, because one of our allies, The MoonDrop pack, were facing a few problems with a group of rogues. I was apprehensive about leaving Riley alone for three days, because rogues were really becoming a menace and they could attack my pack and my Riley.

But I didn’t have a choice because Alpha Aubrey sounded really serious and not going would be a sign of disrespect and we werewolves are nothing if not proud. Plus, Aubrey was a really good friend of mine, so I was obliged to go.

I told Riley that I was going out of town for business, and technically I hadn't lied. And in a few minutes I would have her back in my arms, just like it's supposed to be. Having her next to me was the best feeling in the world, it felt so nice and free. I had waited five years for her to come to me. Our Moon Godess never left anyone mateless, she planned everything, and I knew searching for her would tamper with fate, so I went with the flow.

But something that was itching me for a long time was: why wasn’t Riley a werewolf? I knew for sure her Grandma was one, and I remember Dad mentioning a few years ago her parents were too. So why wasn’t she one?

I needed to go and talk to her Grandma but first, I really needed my Riley in my arms. My wolf felt agitated being away from her for too long, and this was causing me to snap at the smallest of thing. I didn’t like treating my pack members with disrespect, because we were all one. I was merely a leader appointed by the Moon Godess, my pack was my family and I would protect them with my life.

Alec, I need my Riley in my arms. I don’t like being away from her!My wolf, Dylan, reminded me yet again.

I know, okay? I don’t like this either. She'll be next to us in a few minutes. I told him. He was really very restless without his mate. Well, the truth is, I was too. I couldn’t help but constantly wonder if Riley was okay.

“Alec, you okay?’’ Nate asked from the driver's seat in our Sedan.

“Dylan's getting too restless. He wants Riley.’’ I sighed.

“Try to calm down.’’ He said like the smartass he was.

“I am trying, okay?’’ I growled.

“Someone's got his panties in a twist.’’ He tsked me.

“I'm controlling myself because you are driving the car and I want to be with Riley in one piece.’’ I growled louder this time.

He grumbled under his breath and said something which sounded like, “Wait till I tell Mom about this.’’

I ignored him, as usual, and focused on the road ahead. I was going to drop by Riley's for dinner. It was seven p.m. right now, and even though I told her Nate and I could have takeaways, she insisted. But I had an inkling because she missed me, not as much as I did her, because of the mate bond. Nate refused politely because he wanted to be with Jamie.