Chapter 18

Oh My God, did Bea actually update? After more than a months wait?!?!

Showwy. But I have a valid reason.

I got into a Med School!!

Like even I wasn't expecting it. And then I had some formalities I had to complete and then hang out with my friends cause everyone got into different colleges. So it was hectic.

And then, my brother got engaged! And I really love my almost sister in law. But sometimes I wonder why she loves that disgusting thing I call a brother. He's really weird. Like for real.

Anywho.... on with the chappies, my homies. (I'm so gangsta... be jealous, ~.~ )

Riley Chance's POV

I didn't know what was going on. The guy I loved was a freaking werewolf. A WEREWOLF?!?!

He was a murderer.

I shook my head as I walked out of the hospital. I didn't want to think about it. Luckily, the doctor said that I had passed out due to some shock, but I had a feeling she knew about what shock, and when I fell on the ground, I didn't get a concussion. So, that was a relief.

My Grandma had come to pick me up, and all through the ride we were in an awkward silence. I had a feeling she knew about Alec, and what he was, because she looked at me like I was about to explode any moment.

I didn't know whom to trust. What was going on right now?

"Did you know?" I asked Grandma in a clipped voice.

She hesitated before nodding. She knew what he was, what they did and yet she supported him!

I clenched my jaw, as my heart felt the sting of betrayal from my only family. I looked away, trying to hide my pain, as we reached Grandma's house. I slammed the door shut and opened the house with my spare key, and stormed upstairs.

I paced back and forth in my room, wondering what was I supposed to do now? I can't stay here anymore. Not with those monsters here. I should alert someone about this. Werewolves were supposed to be a fantasy. Not reality.

But the thought of people in lab coats experimenting on Alec made me furious. I couldn't do that. I couldn't see the man I loved in pain.

I quickly removed my duffle bag and packed all of my things in it. I didn't even pack them properly, I just stuffed it inside. I could feel the starting effects of a migraine.

I removed my phone and dialed a familiar number, and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello, Riles." He said.

"Nick, I need your help." I said urgently, going in the washroom, trying to keep my voice low.

"Riley, what's going on?" He asked, confused.

"Nick, I know this sounds crazy, but this town isn't safe. Alec, and everyone else out here, is a werewolf. And I know I sound crazy and delusional and probably high, but I'm not lying. I saw him change into a wolf! A wolf!" I ranted.

There was silence on the other side. I knew he wouldn't believe me. Oh shit.

"Okay."

"Please believe me I'm not- wait, what?"

"I believe you, Riles. So what's the plan?"

I was stunned for a moment. He believed me?!? Oh thank God!

"Riley, you there?"

"Oh yeah! Here's the plan. Wear as much as perfume as possible, not the brand that you use obviously. It'll hide our scent, at least I hope it will and-"