Chapter 14

Hey guys!

How are you all?

Dedicated to : @kandy1234 for her awesome comment. ♥

Okay, so I need a favour from you guys. I don't sit on wattpad everyday so I usually miss the rankings of TAHM. Last time I checked it was #25 If it changes can you guys PM me? Pwetty Pwease?

Riley Chance's POV

After Nick announced his amazing plan, the doctor came in saying Nick didn't have a concussion. He just had a few bruises, especially the big now turning black bruise, and a few cuts on his arms. But other than that he was fine.

So Grandma got us home in the red beat up truck and told me I had the day off to take care of Nick. I don't even know why she wants me to take care of him! She knows he kicked me out and I had to leave New York because of him and now I have to cater to his needs? No way on Earth.

"Riles, sweetheart, can you get me some orange juice and bacon for breakfast?'' Nick asked innocently as he sat up in his bed in the guest room.

Why the hell do I need to? I don't care what he wants or needs.

"No.''

He looks at me with disbelief etched on his face, "Come on, Riles. Back home you used to always make me breakfast.''

Is he shitting me? "Please tell me you're joking!'' I stood before his bed, with my arms crossed.

"Come on, Riles, you can't do this to me!'' He said pleading.

"And why, exactly, can't I?'' I asked playing along his stupidity.

"Because.''

Apparently, that's enough for me to make breakfast for him.

"Because?'' I prodded.

"Because, I won't take you back if you didn't.'' He said smugly.

My jaw was resting comfortably on the ground because of his dense brain. Did he actually think I would come back to him? I mean, I'm not even sure if I want to go back to New York. And the reason behind it scared me. Alec.

And then I did what any normal or even slightly unhinged person would do.

I laughed.

Not a giggle or a chuckle, it was a full blown laughing-so-hard-that-you-can't-breathe-and-get-tears kind of laugh.

"Y-you thi-think th-t-that I wo-would go...go ba-back wit-with you.''I spluttered out amidst my laughing fit.

"You don't?'' He asked as if I told him pigs fly.

"Please don't tell me you thought I would.'' I groaned.

He was silent. And it was enough to answer any questions I had. He thought just because he decided he wanted me back, I would come to him with open arms. He was wrong.

"You love him, don't you?'' He asked dejectedly.

This time I was the one who was silent. Did I love him? I didn't even know him properly, yet I felt like I knew him. Even though we met recently, my soul felt like I've known him all my life. I loved his smile, his smirks, his hearty laugh, his sense of humour, his protectiveness, his strength, his worry, his concern, his jealousy, his attentiveness.

I loved all of him.

"I do.'' I said and quickly left the guest room.

What if he doesn't feel like this? I mean, I know that he likes me but love? I'm sure it's way to soon for that. I wish I knew what he was thinking!